Teh OMGzoRz Super stack!!!!one1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh OMGzoRz Super stack!!!!one1!

So Im playing as the Byzantines, I figured early guilds would be a nice way to kick but and take names. A str 12 knight sure looks purdy.

So even though i was generally peacable until then the rest of the world was not. Ghengis Khan was using his Keshiks to unusualy good results. he had half the world vassalized before i Conqured the poor chinese. Any ways I push my border east towards Ghengis and find a nice defensive possition. I forgot to take SSs so Ill draw a picture... kinda.

____
    ........\
    .........\........./
    ...X.....\____/X
    __________H_
    ....................\
    .....................\X

Now the x's are cities. Normally i woulda stopped at the western one but Ghengis Built Versaille in the southern one so i had to take all 3. (the H was a fort hill to connect the oceans and hold the choke.)

So 30 or so turns after i took these cities Ghengis comes to take them back. What I saw made me cry. Again no SS so here's a drawing....

cavalry
    cavalry
    cavalry
    however many are in the normal list I didnt count.
    cavalry
    riflemen(10)
    grenadiers (35)
    musketmen(25)
    longbows(6)
    pikemen(3)
    cavalry(38)
    knights(10)
    keshiks(6)
    chariots(1)

Now granted i was beeing a little condescending to the little bastard as i had infantry and machine guns, But i had NO idea he had that many units to put into 1 stack...

I lost the 2 eastern cities, but was able to retake them as he blew ALL of those units to take them, oh and i just finished Industrialism....

I wish i had a nuke or two though, I lost many buildings.
    Last edited by Hauptman; December 19, 2007, 19:25.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

They don't call 'em stacks of doom for nothing.
    "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

To add insult to injury, he used that chariot to kill the last wounded defender... nice touch.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

The dutch did that to me once. I had infrantry while he was still using cavalry. So I thought I'd go take a tour of their empire. As soon as I declared war, this enormous stack of of units heads straight to my research city. Fortunately, I was able to hold long enough to vote myself to peace. Then I just used that time to churn out my own mega stack of infrantry, followed shortly by tanks.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
        X