Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Rock Gods really were Gods?

Like in American Gods.

Would KISS be good or evil? Or would they use Evil FOR good?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

KISS evil or good? Rhetorical.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Would Guitar Hero then become the path to Ascendancy?
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

we would live in hell
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

All hail Hendrix!
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

If Rock Gods were Gods good and evil would be obsolete concepts, we would go beyond those concepts to the eternal battle of Rock vs Sukz, all Rock Gods would be on the side Rock of course regardless of their being good or evil.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Thread title sounds like an idea for a Discworld book..

Comment

So then groupies would sorta be like... nuns?

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD
                  Thread title sounds like an idea for a Discworld book..

AN EMBUGGERANCE
                  Folks,

I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early
                  onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

We are taking it fairly philosophically down here and possibly with a mild optimism. For now work is continuing on the completion of Nation and the basic notes are already being laid down for Unseen Academicals. All other things being equal, I expect to meet most current and, as far as possible, future commitments but will discuss things with the various organisers. Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I think there's time for at least a few more books yet )

Terry Pratchett

PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above that this should
                  be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as
                  will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think - it's too soon to tell.
                  I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do", but in this case I
                  would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry.
                  Source
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yeah, i know and actually read the Colour of Magic again when i heard about it. He said there's still probably time for a few more books... of course it still sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X