most CTP2 forums are officially 'dead'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most CTP2 forums are officially 'dead'

CTP2 AI, CTP2 multiplaying, CTP2 mods, most ctp2 forums are vacant. With the exception of an occasional newbie wondering in to ask a question (which will never get answered) I propose possibly Combining some more forum so that we can maybe have a still yet, produce a fruitful conversation about CTP2.

btw
    while im here I might as well start lobbying for a barfing smilie ive wanted for some time

Well, I have to admit, the only 2 forums on CTP2 that I currently visit are the CTP2/Help & CPTP2/General-Strategy.

Good Suggestion. I would like to 2nd the motion.

Edit: I'm not entirely sold on the barfing smile though, yet.
    ------------------
    My reach exceeds my grasp!
    [This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited April 09, 2001).]
    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Sad, but u guys are right. Almost everyone is gone off the CTP2 forums. Days go by without some of em- sometimes even the once healthy ones like Creation and Mods/Scens- getting touched. Let's hope CIV III fares better.
      "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Well, I have been thoroughly enjoying myself with my limited "TWEAKING" abilitites and changing files around so I can enjoy this semi-completed shipped version of CTP:2..but I dont post as much as before..I do wwish however Mark G would give me back my posts count..I was a Prince three weeks ago and on that Black Thursday lost almost all my post count..but alas that is small potatoes due to his having to work on this update of the sight..I have found him very fair and presented him with the facts and well..I would be around 400 by now..~sigh~ maybe he will fix me up real soon!

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
        Revelation 3:20
        Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I agree. Let's cut down the forums. My suggestion:
          CTP2 Mods/Scenarios/Creation
          CTP2 General/Strategy/Help

Multiplayer is a dead issue so no point in that forum. Suggestions are also dead since there's no more patches. AI is long dead (just like in the game).

EDIT: Oh, and a barfing smile would be cool.
          ------------------
          Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
          [This message has been edited by Dale (edited April 09, 2001).]

Comment

I agree that the forums could be condensed, and that most are pretty quiet, but the few threads that aren't just questions, scenario threads etc. go pretty well, even if the conversations don't run in real-time as they do in the OT forum.
            What is needed, rather than making the forums smaller, is to encourage more players to (waste their money) buy ctp2, and (waste their time) trying to make it as fun as civ2 was/is.
            The Civ2 forum consists of the same sort of thing as the ctp2 forums (in larger quantity), but because they've had a lot longer to come up with hundreds of mods, scenarios, ways of playing the game etc. they still have many players.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You know, for some reason I keep coming back here to see if anything juicy will appear, but I'm not sure why I keep it up.

------------------
              - MKL ... "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
              Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
              - mkl

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Troll on 04-09-2001 06:13 PM
                I dont post as much as before..I do wwish however Mark G would give me back my posts count..I was a Prince three weeks ago and on that Black Thursday lost almost all my post count..but alas that is small potatoes due to his having to work on this update of the sight..I have found him very fair and presented him with the facts and well..I would be around 400 by now..~sigh~ maybe he will fix me up real soon!

Yours in Civin

Troll

Troll, I just checked your post count - HOLY COW! It's at 109! I am sure you have way more than that. Tough break buddy.
                I hope in all fairness that it gets fixed. (I'd say 350 would be rather fair).

Edit: What was "Black Thursday" anyway?

[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited April 10, 2001).]
                My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Well, I had like 320 maybe..when I crashed out of being able to log in on Black Thursady..I was set back to maybe 50-60..and went from a Prince to a settler..~ugh~

Black Thursday was when Apolyton went haywire..and several folks lost abilitoes to login..I contact MarkG and Dan..and they re-activated my OLD Password when I was known as DrDanger...but I had change in Novemebr to Troll..as a sort of humorous response to my attitude toward a few folks..but I have contacted and recieved a word back from Dan..that Mark would have to re-install my post count..that was like 2-3 weeks ago..I know they are busy..I would just like to recieve what I think is fair..but alas..in the Big Old scheme of things..we are having fun and well..its not that big a deal to this soon to be 42 year old put-out-to-pasture-stud!

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
                  Revelation 3:20
                  Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MidKnight Lament on 04-10-2001 07:13 AM
                    You know, for some reason I keep coming back here to see if anything juicy will appear, but I'm not sure why I keep it up.

LOL Lament! That is EXACTLY why I still stop in here every now and then ... but of course, there is nothing new.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MidKnight Lament on 04-10-2001 07:13 AM

"Juicy" eh? Well... I don't know... I'll give it a try though... Try these links:
                      http://www.aloha.com/~ritt/
                      or
                      http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5255/
                      or
                      http://www.produceoasis.com/
                      or
                      http://www.watermelon.org/

That's about the best I can come up with....

Pyaray
                      [This message has been edited by Pyaray (edited April 13, 2001).]

Comment

If you guys want something juicy, bite into the Medpack beta. It is still under development, but it already makes big improvements to the standard game, and fixes many of the bugs, too. It is stable, and if you take some time to read the readmes, you will not have the debug slic glitch new-comers usually have.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 04-14-2001 01:29 AM
                          If you guys want something juicy, bite into the Medpack beta. It is still under development, but it already makes big improvements to the standard game, and fixes many of the bugs, too. It is stable, and if you take some time to read the readmes, you will not have the debug slic glitch new-comers usually have.

to my knowledge..........there have been no 'newcomers' Only those of us who have been here since christmas. Even then our numbers are dwindling. t this rate in a few moths the 'CTP2' forum will be a ghost-forum.

Comment

Pyaray - I could see you went to a lot of effort there, so I made sure to go to each site (although the second one didn't seem to work for me). I'll keep all those in mind.

WesW - I intend to dl that mod soon. Unfortunately I've got limited gaming time these days, and I've got other things I want to play.

------------------
                            - MKL ... "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
                            Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
                            - mkl

Comment

Working...
                            X