Your preferred source of caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your preferred source of caffeine

I'm sure many of us enjoy multiple sources. But give your preferred source.

Lately I've been on a tea kick. It has supplanted my intake from diet sodas. I figure I don't need the chemicals such as aspartame in my body. But I still like some source of caffeine. Tea just seems more natural. I'm still experimenting to see what type I like most. I didn't care for green tea at first, but am now liking it just as much as black tea. I drink tea without sugar as I don't need the calories (it's why I was drinking diet sodas after all).

I had at once kicked the caffeine habit a about 5 years ago, only to start up again 1.5 years ago. oh well. It was good while it lasted.
    Soda
    30.77%
    coffee
    28.85%
    tea
    21.15%
    banana plants (ie no caffeine for me thank you)
    15.38%
    other (pills etc)
    3.85%

and if someone could move this back to off topic.

Comment

Ah yes, the great soda, tea, and coffee race. I heard about it on ESPN the other day.

Tea is off to a strong start, but I dunno if they've got the staying power to make it through the race.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

coffee
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          and if someone could move this back to off topic.
          Done.

And I like soda and coffee for caffeine. I drink tea, but I don't use it for caffeine, but rather for the taste.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Soda on a regular basis, coffee if I want caffeine.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Coffee for me.

However try arizona iced tea for a day in day out drink when back in the states. At the dreaded Wal Mart they have gallons of diet for $3 something.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Coffee for morning...

Tea after a big meal or after supper if I need to sleep before midnight.

Sometimes for exams study I will prefer tea over coffee. Coffee make me hyperactive for studying.
                bleh

Comment

I don't care for caffeine... chocolate would be my only source, and I go for chocolate for other reasons.

Comment

Caffeine has no effect on anyone past 3 weeks of continuous use. Doesn't anyone else use wikipedia?

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        Caffeine has no effect on anyone past 3 weeks of continuous use. Doesn't anyone else use wikipedia?
                        Never heard of caffeine headaches (or should I say lack of caffeine headaches).

And maybe it is psychological... but I NEED coffee in the morning to function.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You become addicted and so you need it, but it does not give you any stimulation or urges or anything of that nature.

Comment

Well you said it had "no effect".
                            Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; December 10, 2007, 01:33.

Comment

my body can't handle caffiene, my blood pressure raises and I don't want to go back on the blood pressure pills

I use to drink mostly coffee, but tea as well

I dislike soda

I was never addicted, and it didn't do all that much for me often. I think I use to drink too much (a pot in a couple hours), which might be why I have problems with it now.

Low doses (chocolate or decaf) Are generally OK. Even a couple of sips, but the last time I had a couple shots of espresso, it was bad.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X