Rage Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage Boy

I didn't realise that the bloke in Vet's avatar was now something of a celebrity.

This is Sparta!!!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

This is MECCA!!!
      FIXED.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

who is rage boy? I thought this would be about that german kid screaming at his computer. That was a classic.

Comment

I don't feel seduced, but then maybe that's the worst kind.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            who is rage boy? I thought this would be about that german kid screaming at his computer. That was a classic.
            He's a bloke that Vet Legion put in his avatar after starring in a picture of some islamic rage demo a while back. It turns out the he regularly pops up in various rage demos all round the place, getting his raged-up mug in pole position for the cameras, and generally being a rent-a-rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

He's a bloke that Vet Legion put in his avatar after starring in a picture of some islamic rage demo a while back. It turns out the he regularly pops up in various rage demos all round the place, getting his raged-up mug in pole position for the cameras, and generally being a rent-a-rage.
              Why that no-good, dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                Why that no-good, dirty
                Did I say that?

Comment

He rocks

I put him in my avatar because I liked his amazing enraged posture. Only later I discovered that I'm not the only one who noticed, the cameras seem to like him (and he seems to like them).

Comment

There is even a wikipedia article about him!

Shakeel Bhat (born around 1978[1]), labeled as Islamic Rage Boy by Western media, is a Kashmiri Muslim activist who has been on photographs on the frontpages of many newspapers and has become a cult figure on the Internet. He has been featured in newspapers such as Agence France-Presse,[2] the Times of India,[3] Middle East Times,[4] France 24.[5] and Sunday Mail[1]

He was born into Sufi family in Kashmir[1]. At the age of ten he became a school dropout because he had problems learning to read and write[1]. Around 1990, during a raid on Shakeel's home, Indian police threw his sister Shareefa out of an upstairs window; She broke her spine and died from her injuries four years later.[1]

At the age of 13 he joined pro-Pakistan rebel group and was a militant from 1991 to 1994.[2] He claims he was not a good militant and has never killed anybody.[1]

He lives in Kashmir, where he is often participating in Muslim protests. Due to his angry look, he is often photographed by journalists. He took part in protests against the Indian Army, Israel, Pope Benedict, Salman Rushdie, and the Muhammed cartoons.[6] After dropping out of school, he became a militant fighting against Indian forces in Kashmir. He was captured and spent three years in prison.[2] He claims that he has been detained almost 300 times since 1997.[2]

The term "Islamic Rage Boy" was first used in September of 2006. Using Bhat as inspiration, The Nose On Your Face created an illustrated, prototypical Islamic Rage Boy who has sung in satirical videos, offered guidance to other Muslims via an advice column, and dispensed an exaggerated, extremist form of Islamic justice where ever he goes.

Bhat, and Islamic Rage Boy, were discussed by members of The Nose On Your Face on the BBC several times in July of 2007.

He was featured in numerous blogs and articles by Christopher Hitchens,[7] Robert Spencer,[8] Kathleen Parker,[9] Michelle Malkin,[10] and others. On various blogs, he was photoshopped as Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler or as an opera singer,[11][12]. His picture has also been printed on T-Shirts, posters, mouse-pads and beer mugs.[2][13]

His reaction to his portrayal in Western media was: "I surely get hurt when I see these pictures. This is terrorism for me. The people who do this are showing their own culture, so why do they tell us that we are uncivilised?"[1]

Comment

The part about the Indian army and his sister is quite ugly (if true).

Comment

I would be suprised if it wasn't... I think it is odds on that the guy is not faking it
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You think he's like the fundamentalist version of Jim Carrey? Troubled childhood and endless hours practicing his facial expressions in front of a mirror. Now he has perfected his rage face and found his true calling, open mouth and open eyes as if the wrath inside him is impossible to contain.

He's at a level now where he's working the whole with/without beard, different hairstyle and of course getting into the front line of rallys. Polishing perfection.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Always wondered about VL's avatar...
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Rage Boy is Indian :Proud: (never mind that he'd rather not be one)
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X