Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I'm surprised you didn't mention Stuyvesant.
    see post number 6.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Colonization

Originally posted by Elok

3. I like to play as the Dutch (big surprise there), but I can never come up with a good Dutch name for myself and I don't like being Michiel de Ruyter game after game. In my latest game I called myself "Jaegermeister" on the grounds that it sounds cool and at least it's Germanic... Any recommendations?
      Johann Cruyff
      Marco van Basten
      Dennis Bergkamp

Comment

Did you try FreeCol btw, LotM?

Comment

Re: Colonization

Originally posted by Elok In my latest game I called myself "Jaegermeister" on the grounds that it sounds cool and at least it's Germanic...
          I say keep that theme going. You gave the Jägermeister a try. Now go with Bärenjäger. There's also the good old Goldschläger.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            Say, is that one up to the point where you can actually play through an entire game these days?
            Spore page

Comment

Nah, Im busy with Crusader Kings.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                Say, is that one up to the point where you can actually play through an entire game these days?
                Yep. I played several games through.

Comment

Sweet. I'll have to give it a try then.
                  Spore page

Comment

Jan de Witt was way too cool, the legend is that he personally ordered the Theologico-Political treatise from Spinoza.

Some game tips:

Do not destroy natives, TRADE with them! At the beginning of the game, you can get insane amounts of gold from tobacco, tools, and trade goods (I'm talking up to 4,000 gold for 100 tobacco here). Later on they'll be interested in your rum. And the Incas will sell you their silver for roughly 2.5 gold apiece! Bear in mind though that silver prices drop very quickly, so your best bet is to fill up a couple of galleons with silver and sell it all at the same time when you get your first custom house. By that time you should be so insanely rich that you'll have more money than you can use up.

If you can declare your independance by 1600, you're very good.
                    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Don't you mean cigars, Boris - not tobacco?

Comment

I thought Indians could not produce manufactured goods? (Like Cigars)
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Don't you mean cigars, Boris - not tobacco?
                          No, they'll take your tobacco for insane prices. Until you can plant it yourself, just buy it in Europe.

As you trade with them, the amount of money they offer will gradually diminish. By that time, though, cigars and rum won't sell for good prices in Europe, so you can still trade with them at a slight advantage. If you find that manually loading your boats and wagon carts is too tedious, just take Cortes in your congress and raze their cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                            I thought Indians could not produce manufactured goods? (Like Cigars)
                            Some of them will sell you Coats and Clothes.

Comment

I'd like to trade with them, but the buggers take up too many good spaces and are offended too easily. It's usually simpler to just wipe them out, provided there aren't too many of them on the landmass I'm on.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I just whipped up (really quickly) a map based vaguely on the the western part of Micras (namely Cibola, Tapfer and Benacia). Haven't played it yet, though...
                                Attached Files
                                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                                X