Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not see my attached Savegame, so i will try again.
    Attached Files

Comment

• More CTDs...

Hi again!

here's another savegame that does the same thing, i thought i'd start over and see what happens, maybe i'm abusing my peasants too much??

Any ways, same setup here's the crash.txt file:

Version 2008-10-08
      0x00495c2b [?RiotCasualties@CityData@@QAEXXZ + 0xab]
      0x0048b3a5 [?BeginTurn@CityData@@QAE_NXZ + 0x525]
      0x004e16cf [?BeginTurnCity@UnitData@@QAEXABVUnit@@AAVUnitDynam icArray@@@Z + 0xf]
      0x004d9f0d [?BeginTurnCity@Unit@@QAEXAAVUnitDynamicArray@@@Z + 0x2d]
      0x0049791d [?GEVHookCallback@CityBeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_E VENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventA rgList@@@Z + 0x4d]
      0x0057b347 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
      0x0057bd08 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
      0x00579e2d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
      0x0057b780 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd0]
      0x00432a35 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x35]
      0x0042b103 [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
      0x0040c26b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
      0x00406f84 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
      0x004069e5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
      0x00800bdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
      0x7c817067 [__onexitbegin + 0x7be4fa0f]

And the savegame:
      Attached Files

Comment

• and a Third...

Hope this helps solve the crashes.

Version 2008-10-08
        0x00495c2b [?RiotCasualties@CityData@@QAEXXZ + 0xab]
        0x0048b3a5 [?BeginTurn@CityData@@QAE_NXZ + 0x525]
        0x004e16cf [?BeginTurnCity@UnitData@@QAEXABVUnit@@AAVUnitDynam icArray@@@Z + 0xf]
        0x004d9f0d [?BeginTurnCity@Unit@@QAEXAAVUnitDynamicArray@@@Z + 0x2d]
        0x0049791d [?GEVHookCallback@CityBeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_E VENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventA rgList@@@Z + 0x4d]
        0x0057b347 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
        0x0057bd08 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
        0x00579e2d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
        0x0057b780 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd0]
        0x00432a35 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x35]
        0x0042b103 [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
        0x0040c26b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
        0x00406f84 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
        0x004069e5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x00800bdc [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x7c817067 [__onexitbegin + 0x7be4fa0f]
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, i tried not changing any of the user settable options to see how long it can play, i made it to 1410AD, that was fun, but it ended in a handled error pop-up which re-loading the savegame fails on pressing end-of-turn.

all in a zip file, savegame, userprofile.txt, and SLIC Error pop-up:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Re: ...

Originally posted by CoreCore
            Okay, i tried not changing any of the user settable options to see how long it can play, i made it to 1410AD, that was fun, but it ended in a handled error pop-up which re-loading the savegame fails on pressing end-of-turn.
            You can keep clicking "yes" on the pop-up to continue the game, or you can disable those messages by going to the "options" menu at the top > "advanced" and disabling "slic event debug messages".

BTW you have lots of gold, why not upgrade some old units?
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• BTW I kind of found a bug in the upgrade feature. If you have a unit in an army that cannot be upgraded with a unit that can be upgraded, the upgrade button won't show.

You just have to ungroup the units from the army that can't be upgraded, to upgrade the army all as one. Or you can obviously ungroup the individual units you want to upgrade.

For example your army has 6 Infantryman and 1 Machine Gunner and you want to upgrade the 6 Infantryman to Machine Gunners. The upgrade button wouldn't appear because you can't upgrade the 1 Machine Gunner any further (at the moment), so you would have to ungroup it from the army.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

I just tried lots of maps using const.txt and map.txt (although it appears to be the same) from the original game in the playtest and the problems are the same, so it suggests something has changed internally that is affecting the map generator.
                Well I think I found how to fix the big areas of hills.

I altered MAP_BUMP_SIZE for each island/continent setting in map.txt. Increasing this number seems to reduce the amount of hills being generated.

It seems to have little effect on mountains though, but I think this is more controlled by the const.txt values, like the chance of a mountain chain spreading etc.

When you see the original 1.11 maps in-game, the hills/mountain regions are mostly mountains, surrounded by a few hills, so this is what I'll try to do with the new settings.

It'll take me a while though because I have to check the hills on every island/continent setting, then each of those settings with every ocean/land setting. I have no idea if the other sliders have any effect, but I suspect not on hilly terrain at least because it can appear anywhere.

Comment

• @Maquiladora: Okay, i will try to press "yes" and see what occurs then let the forum know. I thought i had pressed "yes" repeatedly without success several times, but i will try it again. And i'm very glad you found the upgrade issue because i was wondering about it.

Thanks!
                  Cor'e =)

Comment

• OK I tried to fix the mass of hills/mountains on some map settings. I changed a few entries of MAP_BUMP_SIZE, all the changes are marked for each map size.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I've got a really huge map going, and each turn is like a minute with 32 players, it's a guess, but i'm guessing the AI sees everything without a fog-of-war.

Why does a bigger map have a longer the turn cycle? Is it because the AI has no Fog-of-War?

TIA! =)

Comment

• Originally posted by CoreCore

Why does a bigger map have a longer the turn cycle?
                        Probably because there's a lot more cities and units for the AI to manage.

Comment

• I've disabled "SLIC event debug messages" and that worked for the game issue where i was seeing loads of SLIC esee error pop-ups.

I imagine the turn cycles will become longer as cities are built, but right now it's the first 20 turns.

I'm getting CTDs and i think there is a missing error handling on gold for cities or nation that is the reason for the CTDs, i'm looking at it and will submit a savegame if i can always reproduce it, right now it is still able to recover after each CTD.

New notion: The CTDs i'm experiencing may actually be related to barbarian take-over of my cities when i miss-manage cities, that would com right after the out-of-gold issue and may be the CTDs...

This issue i think i related to the first 3 savegames i uploaded above. The 4th (last) one i uploaded above seems to have worked under more "normal" options than the first 3, and was aided by disabling the SLIC errors.
                          Last edited by CoreCore; December 3, 2008, 02:57.

Comment

• I'm using the latest playtest and run into a problem where the game freezes during the AI turns. In
                            this save
                            the game freezes for me during the light blue player's turn with the program taking up 50% of the processor (I'm using a dual core machine). I have had this problem before but reloading the game fixed it. If it's any use I'm playing on Vista.

I've also found an exploit in that building an Urban Planner costs 1 population but settling it grants 3 population.

Comment

• Originally posted by cap601
                              I'm using the latest playtest and run into a problem where the game freezes during the AI turns. In
                              this save
                              the game freezes for me during the light blue player's turn with the program taking up 50% of the processor (I'm using a dual core machine). I have had this problem before but reloading the game fixed it. If it's any use I'm playing on Vista.
                              Same problem for me. I tried watching player 6 (light blue) but it freezes too.

BTW if you want to get rid of the hilly maps, try the map.txt I attached a couple of posts before.

I've also found an exploit in that building an Urban Planner costs 1 population but settling it grants 3 population.
                              I guess they (the designers) thought that the map would be pretty crowded by the modern/post-modern age, so there's not many times to use them, and also to make the cities useful before the game ends.

I thought it strange that the Sea Engineer came later than the Urban Planner but didn't do the same things with sea cities, so I changed it in my game.

Comment

• Originally posted by cap601
                                I'm using the latest playtest and run into a problem where the game freezes during the AI turns. In
                                this save
                                BTW the economic ranking graph is quite shocking in that game. You have lots of wonders but still the AI has far too few city improvements. In one AI's capital they've built only 3 buildings (City Walls, Ballista Towers and Granary) in 360 turns.

Obviously all their time was spent on units since they are running 80% unit support.

Comment

Working...
                                X