This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora

EDIT: Actually the freeze appears to be related to the religion pop-up in-game. Anytime I get the religion pop-up at the start and when I build the first city the game freezes (except for the cursor), when I don't get the religion pop-up then city building is fine (apart from the debuc slic event pop-up on the desktop).
    yeah the freeze is relate dto the popup. its with the flag:

NeedsFeatToBuild

if you replace it with:

NeedsAnyPlayerFeatToBuild

it works better

but i definetely need to move the techs into the classical period

PS Martin I'm getting 3020: Building not in BuildingDB. not sure what that is refering to or what file, but wonder.txt and building.txt don't have 3020 lines
    Last edited by Ekmek; November 21, 2007, 18:33.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E

NeedsFeatToBuild

if you replace it with:

it works better
      Looks like you have to optimize your code.

Originally posted by E
      PS Martin I'm getting 3020: Building not in BuildingDB. not sure what that is refering to or what file, but wonder.txt and building.txt don't have 3020 lines
      Probably you put in one of your modified files the wrong building name, maybe feat.txt, I don't know. But it wouldn't be the first time you screwed it up. At least you are figuring on your own this time.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Uninstalled and installed clean, installed build 826.
        Then I could play past the turn in the save game I posted last. But after about one or sometimes two turns the game crashes with this error.

Version 2007-11-19
        0x007d9479 [?Get_Invalid@CTPGoal@@UBE_NXZ + 0x149]
        0x007d894b [?Get_Totally_Complete@CTPGoal@@UBE_NXZ + 0x2b]
        0x007d3387 [?Prioritize_Goals@Scheduler@@QAE_NXZ + 0x117]
        0x007d2b48 [?Process_Goal_Changes@Scheduler@@QAE?AW4TIME_SLICE _STATE@1@XZ + 0x138]
        0x007eed00 [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_BeginSchedulerEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0x70]
        0x0057a7a7 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
        0x0057b168 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
        0x0057928d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
        0x0040c61f [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x1cf]
        0x00406fa4 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
        0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x007fd91c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x7d4e7d2a [__onexitbegin + 0x7cb24372]

And

Version 2007-11-19
        0x00650ed8 [?Unload@?$aui_Resource@Vaui_Image@@@@QAE?AW4AUI_ER RCODE@@PAVaui_Image@@@Z + 0x28]
        0x00650018 [?ExchangeImage@aui_ImageList@@QAEXHHPBD@Z + 0x88]
        0x006464ae [?ExchangeImage@aui_Control@@QAEXHHPBD@Z + 0x1e]
        0x006d5c2e [?UpdateBuildItem@CityControlPanel@@AAEXXZ + 0x29e]
        0x006d5578 [?Update@CityControlPanel@@QAEXXZ + 0x8]
        0x00405e01 [?ui_CheckForScroll@@YA_NXZ + 0x41]
        0x0040c10b [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0xdb]
        0x0040c56b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
        0x00406fa4 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
        0x00406a05 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
        0x007fd91c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
        0x7d4e7d2a [__onexitbegin + 0x7cb24372]
        Last edited by cue; November 22, 2007, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by E

NeedsFeatToBuild

if you replace it with:

it works better

but i definetely need to move the techs into the classical period
          I assume you mean only in wonder.txt? I changed those there and I can now build cities fine, but whenever I click on those wonder names in the build manager the game drops to the desktop with an "index out of bounds 0" error, and some other errors I don't have time to look into fixing.

I suggest this not be in the next build (except as a mod) because I can't test PBEM without fixing this first. If something goes wrong then I don't know if it's related to this or not.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Can anyone please give me a workaround or something so I can play?

Comment

Had the same problems as cue with the new playtest.
              While waiting have been giving Medieval Packed 2 a try.
              Have been going back to some of the work in the past.
              I can see how much more the playtest updates have improved the game.The playtest AI is not prone to declare war for no reason.Expands faster and is a better empire builder.
              Some things might be good to tweak like DiplomacyText file.Alert the AI to changes in how we are playing-militay safety event(tweak numbers)will see units move on its border and other factors as well.Make the AI smarter in diplomatic deals.
              Some miner tweaks to Startegies and Goals files and that would round things off.Have been researching and comparing mods.Small changes seem to work best.
              Some side notes: has anyone had the AI make a embassy with them or other AI,s.? Was wondering if the AI was able to make higher diplomatic deals.

Comment

Originally posted by cue
                Can anyone please give me a workaround or something so I can play?
                If I had any clue what is the problem there, it would have been already fixed. But fact is, if I load the savegame and press enter the the game runs until it's my turn again and I decide to quit the game, there is no crash in between.

That is the story on my side, but also fact is that I use conservative testing conditions, since I want to exactly see what a change here or there does precisely. Therefore, I don't use all those fancy new options we have in stock. So I have to figure out what of those options you are using. The best way to figure out what options you are using is to look at your userprofile.txt. So would you so kind and attach your userprofile.txt here, so that I can look into it. You can find it in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder

-Martin

Comment

No problem, should I include that every time I post a save game?
                  I will try to get a better idea when the crash happens.

The game is getting a little big, every turn takes about 40 seconds to finish.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cue
                    No problem,
                    Thank zou verz much. Now I just have to go to mz home computer...

Originally posted by cue
                    should I include that every time I post a save game?
                    I don't think this is necessary, since you don't change your profile settings all the time.

Originally posted by cue
                    I will try to get a better idea when the crash happens.
                    To me it seems that there is some kind of random element that makes it so difficut for me to find the problem. But all of them are related to the AI goal processing.

Originally posted by cue
                    The game is getting a little big, every turn takes about 40 seconds to finish.
                    I know, that's because the AI from the South has a war with the AI in the North and you happen to be right in the middle. Unfortunately if both opponents are on the same continent, the AI does not consider sea routes, even if your are sitting right in the middle. But this isn't the full problem, since you have effectivly blocked the way between those two AIs, the AI in the South is constantly searching for new goals for its armies and has always figure out that the path to the goal is blocked and so it tries to find something else again.

By the way you can also fortify your units instead of putting them to sleep. This has the advantage that they don't wake up when someone passes by, but you get also a bonus if someone attacks the fortified units.

-Martin

Comment

Thank you yet again
                      I have not played for a log time, but I enjoy it very much.
                      I figured fortifying would not help at all, those units are so outdated. But of course every little helps if they decide to attack

When you say it I remember that this problem did not start until they declared war on each other.
                      But this problem is also present when I start a new game, when I build the first city.

Can more auto-saves be added? I mean that a game is saved both at the beginning of a turn and at the end?
                      I think it would be good to have auto-saves a little back in time too, maybe two or three turns.?

Comment

Here are some more.
                        I can confirm, if it needed confirming that the crashes are random. If I reload and end the turn sometimes it works.
                        With this save however I cannot get past the turn, there is a crash when I try to end the wonder movie.

P.s if you can run this save just fine I am going to format my computer and swap XP 32 bit for this 64bit "dream" of an Os, I currently use(XP64).
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by cue; November 27, 2007, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by cue
                          Here are some more.
                          I can confirm, if it needed confirming that the crashes are random. If I reload and end the turn sometimes it works.
                          With this save however I cannot get past the turn, there is a crash when I try to end the wonder movie.
                          Well, you can disable the wonder movies from the advance options.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce one of these errors. Maybe I will encounter them in the future or when, I set up my Windows XP64. By the way what are the advantages of this operating system?

Originally posted by cue
                          P.s if you can run this save just fine I am going to format my computer and swap XP 32 bit for this 64bit "dream" of an Os, I currently use(XP64).
                          That doesn't guarantee that you doesn't have the problem on a 32 windows, either. It could also be caused by some other program running on your computer. You may use msconfig to disable programs that run on startup and in background. For instance the Adobe Acrobat reader thinks it needs to be loaded into memory on startup even if you don't open any pdfs in the current session. However you should google for the programs you don't know.

If this doesn't work it speeds up at least your computer.

Another possibility could be to run the game in compatibility mode. On Windows XP 32, you have the option to run it in compatibility mode with Win95, Win98/ME, WinNT 4.0 SP5, and Win2000. If WinXP64 does not have a WinXP32 compatibility option, hopefully one of the others will do, since the original CTP2 supports Win95.

-Martin

Comment

I got this error constantly on the first AI's turn when trying to play the first turn in my Red Front scenario. I'm not using any SLIC (although I had been before to develop the scenario) so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

It's been a while (maybe 2 releases) since I tried my scenario with the AE so a lot of things have changed, hopefully it can be fixed.
                            Attached Files
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              It's been a while (maybe 2 releases) since I tried my scenario with the AE so a lot of things have changed, hopefully it can be fixed.
                              Maybe I already have fixed it. Obviously I should release the next version.

-Martin

Comment

I thought the problem might just be with my scenario save, as it has been saved on many different playtests. But if the problem looks familiar then I'll wait for the next AE to see if it fixes it.

Also the new civ selection window with the scroll bar is confusing when starting a scenario, because the civs you can't choose are no longer greyed out like they used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X