Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need the save game on the turn before the crash?

For the other crash, I think I was searching for agricultural revolution.
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by Badfuzzy
      Do you need the save game on the turn before the crash?
      Yes, I need the save game from right before the crash so that I can reproduce the crash.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Since skreed01 wants to continue his game, here is a new playtest.

Edit: Link removed, the latest version of the playtest can be found here.

Here we fix some minor problems

Here are the changes from the last version:

Code:
        2008-05-24 (Revision 875)
        Fixed:    The progress bar in the city manager, so that it does overlap.
        Fixed:    The edges of the borders of the load/save window.
        Fixed:    AI force matching. AI force matching is now based on attack, defense,
                  bombard, ranged, and foreign troop vales instead of just threat.
        Fixed:    Non-Combat units cannot attack anymore.
        Fixed:    AE mod loads without error pop ups
        Fixed:    Fortified units will be defortified if they are put to sleep.
        Fixed:    Sleeping units will be awaken if fortified.
        Fixed:    The first save game in PBEM is now labeled with turn 0.
        Fixed:    Prevented some crashes with patch 1.1 save games.
        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; October 8, 2008, 13:36.

Comment

• Thanks Martin, signature updated
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Thanks for the work Martin.

I installed the latest patch and started a game just to check if it were running adequately. Though it's OK on this ground I browsed the Great Library and I noticed that there is no entry related to the unit updater in the Concept part.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
              Though it's OK on this ground I browsed the Great Library and I noticed that there is no entry related to the unit updater in the Concept part.
              And why don't you fix it?

-Martin

Comment

• I knew that someone would reply that.

But I haven't played an AE Edition CtP2 game for such a long time that I don't remember how to upgrade a unit once you have the required advance.

I tried all the buttons (sleep, fortify and so on...) but I didn't find.

Last edited by Tamerlin; May 27, 2008, 12:29.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• OK I finally found. The Upgrade feature has to be enabled in the Userprofile.txt. I thought it was a default feature of the game.

I think that a user should be able to enable it from the Advanced or Gameplay menues in Options.

Now that I made it work, there is no message warning me that I am about to update a units and moreover there is no message telling me the cost of the said upgrade.

A player should also have the possibility to upgrade a unit garrisoned in a Fortification.
                  Last edited by Tamerlin; May 28, 2008, 10:58.

Comment

• the options were there and so was the pop-up but fromfar removed them because he said it was an exploit
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• This is a discussion I have missed. I strongly disagree with this.

I suppose that now that the Updater is hard encoded, there isn't an easy way to enable it again as a default option with all the appropriate strings?

I don't have much time to spend on PC strategy games these days and I would rather play a SAP2 CtP2 game with the Updater2 rather than an AE CtP2 game without a working Updater.
                      Last edited by Tamerlin; May 28, 2008, 13:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by E
                        the options were there and so was the pop-up but fromfar removed them because he said it was an exploit
                        Fromafar just removed it from the advance options list, simply because it is an exploit. Switch it on, so that you can upgrade your units, and then switch it off again and press end turn so that the AI cannot upgrade its units. If this isn't cheating what is it then?

Basically, you can switch it on by setting the option on the special rules screen, when you start a new game, where you can also switch on and off the pollution. But unlike pollution you can switch on upgrade during the game by modifying the userprofile.txt. Which you shouldn't be allowed to do since this is a game decision like for pollution.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Fromafar just removed it from the advance options list, simply because it is an exploit. Switch it on, so that you can upgrade your units, and then switch it off again and press end turn so that the AI cannot upgrade its units. If this isn't cheating what is it then?
                          I don't want to cheat and I want the AI to be able to upgrade its units...

Basically, you can switch it on by setting the option on the special rules screen, when you start a new game, where you can also switch on and off the pollution. But unlike pollution you can switch on upgrade during the game by modifying the userprofile.txt. Which you shouldn't be allowed to do since this is a game decision like for pollution.

-Martin
                          I can't choose the Upgrade option in the "Rules" section when I start a game and I really don't see the point of removing the messages.
                          Last edited by Tamerlin; May 28, 2008, 17:02.

Comment

I don't want to cheat and I want the AI to be able to upgrade its units...
                            You never have heard of the generic you in English?

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                            I can't choose the Upgrade option in the "Rules" section when I start a game and I really don't see the point of removing the messages.
                            Ups, the rules screen doesn't contain the upgrade option, although it should, but a lot of other stuff. And for the messages you have to ask E whether he implemented them. For now you an enable the upgrader by modifying the userprofile.txt.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

You never have heard of the generic you in English?
                              First degree only, I am French you know.

Ups, the rules screen doesn't contain the upgrade option, although it should, but a lot of other stuff. And for the messages you have to ask E whether he implemented them. For now you an enable the upgrader by modifying the userprofile.txt.

-Martin
                              Thanks for the reply, as soon as it is reimplemented I take some time to write a Great Library entry (I want to see it working again before writing the text).

Comment

I am French you know.
                                I know.

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                                First degree only,
                                I don't know what this means, I am German you know.

By the way, Apolyton is a great place to improve your English.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X