This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
    When they spawn in open view it's really difficult to be prepared. I've started to garrison each city with 3 or 4 modern units now (before I would only use 1 warrior in every city...).
    Maybe your Barb settings are too high, but on the other side where would be the challenge. And certainly you shouldn't guard your cities in modern times just with warriors.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Another small bug: when a unit is "asleep" if you press "f" to fortify, the unit doesn't fortify, just stays asleep.
    Will they be fortified on the next turn? I guess the sleep flag isn't cleared, but they are still being fortified. Let's see when I look into the code.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Maybe your Barb settings are too high, but on the other side where would be the challenge. And certainly you shouldn't guard your cities in modern times just with warriors.
      I always play on the highest difficulty and barbarians, it's just difficult when they spawn outside the fog, fun though.

Yeah, the game was obviously too easy if I could guard all my cities with 1 warrior all game.

Will they be fortified on the next turn? I guess the sleep flag isn't cleared, but they are still being fortified. Let's see when I look into the code.
      I waited a couple of turns and it still stayed in sleep mode.

The little "F" that appears under the unit when you command it to fortify doesn't appear either, so I guess the command just doesn't work when it's sleeping.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• A little late, but downloading the new playtest now
        "

Comment

• I got the riot crash again.

Version 2008-04-13
          0x00495abb [?RiotCasualties@CityData@@QAEXXZ + 0xab]
          0x0048b4a5 [?BeginTurn@CityData@@QAE_NXZ + 0x525]
          0x004e163f [?BeginTurnCity@UnitData@@QAEXABVUnit@@AAVUnitDynam icArray@@@Z + 0xf]
          0x004d9c2d [?BeginTurnCity@Unit@@QAEXAAVUnitDynamicArray@@@Z + 0x2d]
          0x004977bd [?GEVHookCallback@CityBeginTurnEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_E VENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventA rgList@@@Z + 0x4d]
          0x0057abc7 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
          0x0057b588 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
          0x005796ad [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
          0x0057b006 [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd6]
          0x00432ce5 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x35]
          0x0042b3b3 [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
          0x0040c54b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
          0x00406f84 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
          0x004069e5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
          0x007fe26c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
          0x7c816fd7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7be51e3f]
          "

Comment

• Is it intentional that you cannot terrform until agricultural revolution?

Also, the potato resource is commented out of teh goods.txt in the AE mod, so there is an error when loading it.

And finally, the game crashed when I used the search function d, using the AE mod:

Version 2008-04-13
            0x0073a6e4 [?Search@String_Search@@SA_NPBDPAD@Z + 0xd4]
            0x00705428 [?Search_Great_Library@GreatLibrary@@QAEXXZ + 0x168]
            0x007049d3 [?UpdateList@GreatLibrary@@QAEXW4DATABASE@@@Z + 0x103]
            0x00702222 [?greatlibrary_SearchWordActionCallback@@YAXPAVaui_ Control@@IIPAX@Z + 0x52]
            0x00671812 [?TextFieldWindowProc@@YGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z + 0xa2]
            0x7e418734 [__onexitbegin + 0x7da5359c]
            0x7e418816 [__onexitbegin + 0x7da5367e]
            0x7e4189cd [__onexitbegin + 0x7da53835]
            0x7e4196c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7da5452f]
            0x00406fc2 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3d2]
            0x004069e5 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x007fe26c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x7c816fd7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7be51e3f]
            "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW
              Is it intentional that you cannot terrform until agricultural revolution?
              No? You should be able to remove forest/jungle for plains right from the start. You can't change grassland to plains until agricultural revolution though.

All the other changes are in the readme in the scenario folder.

Also, the potato resource is commented out of teh goods.txt in the AE mod, so there is an error when loading it.
              Yeah I noticed that too. In fact goods.txt includes some experimental stuff (tradefood, only advances allowing access to certain good bonuses), I assume E put it in. I would rather just use the original goods.txt in the AE Mod, because these are undocumented features in the game and can be confusing at the moment.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

No? You should be able to remove forest/jungle for plains right from the start. You can't change grassland to plains until agricultural revolution though.
                I never noticed that before.
                "

Comment

I never noticed that before.
                  "

Comment

• Also, the farm under city bug still seems to be present?? I thought that was one of the first things fixed?
                    "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW
                      Also, the farm under city bug still seems to be present?? I thought that was one of the first things fixed?
                      More of an exploit I guess, but I think improvements should be removed once the city is built on top, to prevent cheats

Comment

• Agreed
                        "

Comment

• Terraforming hills and mountains has been pushed back to subneural add? How am I supposed to crush the AI without super production?
                          "

Comment

• Guess you'll just have to research subneural ads

BTW if you have some suggestions to improve balance etc post in the AE mod thread:

I think we were getting around to naval units before things slowed down in the forum, I might revive the thread when I have time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badfuzzy
                              And finally, the game crashed when I used the search function d, using the AE mod:
                              I cannot reproduce this, what were you searching for?

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Badfuzzy
                                I got the riot crash again.

Version 2008-04-13
                                0x00495abb [?RiotCasualties@CityData@@QAEXXZ + 0xab]
                                Looks like I need more to tackle this one, namely your savegame and your userprofile.txt.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X