Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I got the RunCombat error again...

It occurs everytime a city is attacked.
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW
      I got this error after ending the first turn while trying the WOTR scenario with AE, and with all the SLIC disabled:
      SLIC disabled? You mean you removed all the slic files from the scenario folder? I don't think so. If you don't want to be bothered by the message you can disable the slic event messages from the advance options.

Originally posted by EPW
      I was playing a normal game with 25 civs when the game crashed multiple times:
      Besides that E didn't got the parentheses right, I don't see a problem RiotCasualties method. Maybe I should release a version with this little fix included and see whether it crashes for you again. But then I have to delay the fix of AI grouping even more. Looks like it isn't so easy than I thought first.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

SLIC disabled? You mean you removed all the slic files from the scenario folder? I don't think so. If you don't want to be bothered by the message you can disable the slic event messages from the advance options.

Besides that E didn't got the parentheses right, I don't see a problem RiotCasualties method. Maybe I should release a version with this little fix included and see whether it crashes for you again. But then I have to delay the fix of AI grouping even more. Looks like it isn't so easy than I thought first.

-Martin
        I disabled all the slic files in script.slc, to test what works and what doesn't. The Runcombat error is by farthe most annoying, everytime a city is attacked, and the attacker is defeated the error message pops up.
        "

Comment

I disabled all the slic files in script.slc, to test what works and what doesn't.
          Hopefully you started a new game afterwards modified script.slc or at least reloaded slic.

Originally posted by EPW
          The Runcombat error is by farthe most annoying, everytime a city is attacked, and the attacker is defeated the error message pops up.
          If you don't disable the slic debug events from the advance options menu they will keep popping up.

-Martin

Comment

If you don't disable the slic debug events from the advance options menu they will keep popping up.
            -Martin
            I wanted the debug popups to help me locate bugs..

The RunCombat event doesn't check anymore whether its army argument is valid:
            I take it this fixes the Runcombat errors I was having , now I only need a new playtest.
            "

Comment

now I only need a new playtest.
              Actually, I wanted to fix the AI unit to goal handling, but it seems that it still takes a while. So here is a new playtest.

Edit: Removed link. An up to date version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

Let me know whether it fixes the crash you had.

Here are the changes from the last playtest:

Code:
              2008-04-12 (Revision 866)
              Added:    A settle in city event, so that the player can add a pop via settling
                        in a city without interfering with the AI.
              Fixed:    A newly founded city does not show up as underwater city when it is
                        founded.
              Fixed:    Barbarians attack someone else if you are protected by the Great Wall.
              Fixed:    A combat event error that poped up when you closed the battle window.
              Fixed:    The map is only centered if the AutoCenter option is enabled.
              Fixed:    The city control panel is updated even if the visible player is a
                        robot.
              Fixed:    The slic file path is stored even if slic debugging is set to no. This
                        fixes a crash but possibly needs slic reloading to have an effect on
                        on games saved before this version.
              Changed:  Exposed the tile set indeces of the road tiles to tileimp.txt.
              Fixed:    The AI selects a new advance or a new government in the same turn
                        when they become available.
              Fixed:    A bug that prevented the AI from attacking.
              Fixed:    At debarking, a new army is only created if it can be filled from
                        the ship with at least one unit. This removes an event error
                        concerning creating empty armies.
              Fixed:    An event error concerning waking units.
              Fixed:    RiotCasualities method: This may fix a crash.
              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 15:50.

Comment

• Small bug in the city manager on the "production" tab.

I just conquered this city, it was half-way through building a settler when I conquered it, and started building a warrior.

Actually this seems rather cheap anyway. If I conquer an enemy city, shouldn't their stored production be cleared?
                Attached Files
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I reported this bug with the interface a long time ago but as it wasn't harmful it seems to have been forgotten, or it's only me getting the problem.

Whenever I load any scenario I get garbled or messed up graphics on the interface, or like in this screenshot the pattern around the edge of the popup window is missing:

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• No, it is not only you, and it was not forgotten. The good news: I did fix the border problem about a year ago. The bad news: the fix was part of a piece of code that had changes that may cause compilation with MSVC6 not to work, so it never got committed.

I will try to isolate the fix from the other code, but this may take some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                      No, it is not only you, and it was not forgotten. The good news: I did fix the border problem about a year ago. The bad news: the fix was part of a piece of code that had changes that may cause compilation with MSVC6 not to work, so it never got committed.

I will try to isolate the fix from the other code, but this may take some time.
                      Well you could commit the code and I see whether it breaks anything and let you know if anything is broken or fix it myself if possible.

- Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Small bug in the city manager on the "production" tab.

I just conquered this city, it was half-way through building a settler when I conquered it, and started building a warrior.
                        Do we have it on the city tab of the main control panel, too?

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Actually this seems rather cheap anyway. If I conquer an enemy city, shouldn't their stored production be cleared?
                        So you build in a city a building like a granary, and then the city is conquered. Now two things can happen, either the construction site of the granary is destroyed or it is not destroyed. If it isn't destroyed you should be able to continue building it without a production loss.

So maybe we shouldn't clear the build queue of the conquered city, except removing the illegal items, which is actually identical for an AI build queue, since the AI just has one item in its build queues.

- Martin

Comment

Do we have it on the city tab of the main control panel, too?
                          Looks like the progress bar from the control panel is okay. In fact, both progress bars should use the same code. Not code that was copied, pasted, and modified. However since my priorities are different I just copied over the fixing code of the control panel version and keep the mess for later cleanup.

- Martin

Comment

• So you build in a city a building like a granary, and then the city is conquered. Now two things can happen, either the construction site of the granary is destroyed or it is not destroyed. If it isn't destroyed you should be able to continue building it without a production loss.

So maybe we shouldn't clear the build queue of the conquered city, except removing the illegal items, which is actually identical for an AI build queue, since the AI just has one item in its build queues.
                            Removing the illegal items? What if I want to switch to a warrior, even if it means losing all the stored production?

Or do you mean that the stored production would count toward a granary only, but I still have the option to switch production?

Also then shouldn't there also be some penalty for switching production, like CtP1, from const.txt:

CHANGE_CURRENTLY_BUILDING_ITEM_PENALTY 25 # what percent of the sheild store is lost it the current item is changed

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              Or do you mean that the stored production would count toward a granary only, but I still have the option to switch production?
                              That's what I mean the granary would stay in the build queue. The same behavior as the city has always been yours. Maybe we could add a production loss change. Something like losing the production in let's say 50% of the case when conquering a city.

- Martin

Comment

That's what I mean the granary would stay in the build queue. The same behavior as the city has always been yours. Maybe we could add a production loss change. Something like losing the production in let's say 50% of the case when conquering a city.
                                That sounds like a good idea.

Would it be difficult to add a normal production switching penalty too? I don't want to create more work for you now, but perhaps an idea for the future. It does seem somewhat like a missing feature, as it's part of civ games and CtP1.

Comment

Working...
                                X