Random civilisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random civilisations

Whenever I start a new game, the civilisations are never random. They are always the same: Ireland, England, Scotland & America, assuing I pick 5 civilisations. Choosing more civilisations still keeps those ones but adds another one. Is there something I'm not doing right? No option I choose seems to make a difference. I have version 1.1

quote:

Originally posted by Melrick on 03-05-2001 12:54 AM
    Whenever I start a new game, the civilisations are never random. They are always the same: Ireland, England, Scotland & America, assuing I pick 5 civilisations. Choosing more civilisations still keeps those ones but adds another one. Is there something I'm not doing right? No option I choose seems to make a difference. I have version 1.1

I recently found out that this works:
    Go to the CTP2_program directory and look for the file, 'userprofile.txt' Change the line that says NONRANDOMCIVS=YES to NONRANDOMCIVS=NO and save. Then start a new game, but make sure it is not on Beginner or Easy level, otherwise it will reset to Non-random.

Also, you may have to alter the same line in the Profile.txt file, located in the gamedata directory. However, I found that it worked fine when I changed the userprofile.txt.

Soon you'll be competing against the Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Persians . Good luck!

- Skeeve

------------------
    My reach exceeds my grasp!
    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Excellent! It works, thanks. I'm only a beginner so it'll be probably be a little tricky playing it at harder levels, but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually.

quote:

Originally posted by Skeeve on 03-06-2001 12:04 PM
      I recently found out that this works:
      Go to the CTP2_program directory and look for the file, 'userprofile.txt' Change the line that says NONRANDOMCIVS=YES to NONRANDOMCIVS=NO and save. Then start a new game, but make sure it is not on Beginner or Easy level, otherwise it will reset to Non-random.

Also, you may have to alter the same line in the Profile.txt file, located in the gamedata directory. However, I found that it worked fine when I changed the userprofile.txt.

Soon you'll be competing against the Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Persians . Good luck!

- Skeeve

Comment

Well, you might be surprised at how easy CTP2 is, (unmodified).
        The "Hard" Level plays like "Chieftan" in Civ2.
        Glad to be of help.

------------------
        My reach exceeds my grasp!
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Working...
        X