Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were a Polar Bear, I'd feel just a little left out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were a Polar Bear, I'd feel just a little left out.

Here I am listening to the fridgid winds howl around my ears as I expand my search into the great barren wastes of the frozen great North. Ever watchful am I for wolves in their packs, and the dark barbarian warriors who roam these lands at will. Good thing there's no Polar Bears I think, what? Hello?

Where's the great majestic hunter of the white world? Tear your ass up!
    Yes! We want the Polar Bear next patch.
    64.86%
    No! I don't want my ass tore up.
    8.11%
    More bananas is what's needed.
    27.03%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Yeah well?
    What about the penguins?!

Always northern hemisphere this, northern hemisphere that!

Comment

Why not add Polar Bears and Penguins?

Though, the latter should only spawn after you build The Internet.

Comment

Penguins? Can't you guys ever be serious? What, does the little penguin have a pointy stick? Does it toss icecubes?

Comment

I think no penguin shows hostility towards humans, so why should they on Civ?

Polar bears are good, but what if they wander to the tropical south without anyone stopping them? It's a bit ridiculous.

Comment

They won't, no seals.

Comment

Kuci, I dread asking...but why would penguins only spawn after the internet?

Comment

Does it have something to do with Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by FIN Marshal
                  I think no penguin shows hostility towards humans, so why should they on Civ?

Polar bears are good, but what if they wander to the tropical south without anyone stopping them? It's a bit ridiculous.
                  Perhaps they could be programmed not to wander away from glacial or tundra regions?
                  Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                  +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                  http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Teh animals should be able to fight with each other.

And you should be able to capture them for a happiness bonus if your city has a Colosseum
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

well if space elevator cannot be built above 30 defgrees from the equator, than the polar bears could know their range too

& Lordshiva - excellent idea
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

And you should be able to capture them for a happiness bonus if your city has a Colosseum
                        But not penguins. If you capture the penguins and put them in a Colosseum it should cause war weariness. In fact penguins should have 0 strength and harming them should always cause war weariness.
                        Sometimes if you build very southern cities they should wander onto farms and stuff and then your workers have "cuteness strikes" and refuse to work that plot because they don't want to harm the little penguins.

Comment

You need first to go south and capture penguins, then go north and explore the vast frozen wasteland filled with the majestic but deadly Polar Bear. If one should approach, you are doomed, no man can stand against such a beast! Quick! Toss him a penguin! Then sidle away very quietly while to PB enjoys his treat.

Comment

We'll be needing to add the unit command 'sidle' as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              Quick! Toss him a penguin! Then sidle away very quietly while to PB enjoys his treat.
                              The punishment for such a dastardly cruel deed should be the unit's home city will go into revolt.

Maybe the first civilization to encounter a penguin should get a bonus of +1

Comment

Working...
                              X