QUESTION: Windows ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION: Windows ME

I got my old hunk of junk PC out of storage for a work program and I was hoping to put the new and improved CTP2 on it. I don't know about how to do this (I guess I have a lot of reading to do ) or if it will work on an ME computer. I guess what I'm asking for is guidence from the wisdom of Apolyton Nation.

Thanks!
    The wall of the Achaians

Just install CTP2 on it and paste the AE edition over it should work.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Yeah just extract the AE over your new CtP2 install and remember to let it overwrite any files.

Don't forget to enable the crash logging. Start a game, which creates userprofile.txt in ...\ctp2_program\ctp\, then exit CtP2. Look for the line "EnableLogs=No" and change it to Yes. This normally creates a crash.txt in the same folder if you crash.

And commiserations on using Windows ME.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Um, I'm still confused. First off, what is AE (Apolyton Edition?) and as for the 'extracting' do you mean download it and let it automatically overwrite the files?

Thanks for helping (and for keeping the mockery to a minimum!)
        The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Read the first post of the playtest thread here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=172035

and download the latest version of the Apolyton Edition here: http://ctp2files.apolyton.net/source/ and yes download it, extract it with Winrar and let it overwrite all the files in your CtP2 directory.

The "Apolyton Edition" is basically the official name for the improved version of CtP2 that Apolyton (or a few people from Apolyton) has created.
          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; July 26, 2008, 18:53.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
          X