• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent a message filled with whining the first time

... to a company that is.

Here it is:

"Hello,

Are there going to be any promotions or deals that would extend outside UK or other local addresses? This would be a general Amazon question, not necessarily limited to co.uk. It's frustrating to see all the great super saver deals and so forth to only find out you're never eligible for them, as I live in Finland. Otherwise I'm happy with the service, I have found Amazon very convinient and pleasant. I will continue shopping at Amazon because of its wide selection, however, some kind of a point system would be nice, or some kind of membership program. The new one, where you can buy free and fast deliveries for £49 also excludes myself, like all others delivery deals, that would make a big difference in how the service would be percieved. I'm sure most people know that the deals for exclusive areas are limited because of the possible deals with courier services and it takes an airplane to get out the shipment outside the UK, however, I can't help feeling that there are customers who get much better deals, even though we would spend the same amount of money and not be as valuable as a customers than others.

It's not just the delivery deals, in general, it seems like there's not much promotions for people buying books that would be based upon how much they spend money. I think it would benefit Amazon to have customers feel they get the same value and deals everywhere. I would appreciate if Amazon would at least consider making all the customers have the same value and I would consider it insufficient to state that the deals aren't available outside certain areas, because that's what we already know. The question is, what are you going to do about it?

Best Regards,

Pekka"

Didn't make too much effort writing it, just vented some air and I'd like to know the answer. I know they'll just say "we feel all our customers are very important to us" blaablaablaa, or "unfortunately...." or some automatically generated answer, depending it they're rerouting messages to India or not

We'll see the response. Probably blaablaa nothing. Come on, I just want a deal here. Something. i want free stuff. I WANT FREE STUFF!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Amazon is clearly the enemy and should be destroyed
    Monkey!!!

Comment

The point is though, that if I don't get a real answer, but some generated crap that I can see my message wasn't even read, I'll continue. I'll continue as long as I have to, even if I have to call the CEO of Amazon. All crappy default answers, unless they truly address my question, will be only added to the list of unpleasant experiences.

The question really is, that I don't get the same value as others do, and so I'm not first class customer either, even if I spend more money than my counterparts. Thus, what are you going to do about it? The right answer is a) nothing or b) we will be going over this issue in the next month, we will let you know what is decided.

It's likely A, but I want to hear it from them. If it is A, I have no choice but to take it to some higher ups in Amazon, because if I'm made to feel like a secondary customer, and quite frankly told I am one, it's going to be a problem. A problem that can be solved by sending me free stuff.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Did I get the automated message? Oh yes I did:

"Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

We offer our customers consistently low prices on our entire range
        of products.

We offer competitive discounts on more than 230,000 items, including:

* 30% off books where the list price is over 10 GBP
        * Chart CDs from 8.49 GBP
        * At least 30% off bestselling DVDs
        * 25% or more off Video Games - new and future releases
        * 50% off Software bestsellers
        * Low prices on thousands of Electronics and Photo products

I will be sure to pass your message on to the appropriate department
        in our company for consideration. Customer feedback such as yours
        helps us to continue improving the selection and service we
        provide. We appreciate the time you've taken to write to us.

If you have any other suggestions for us or would like to make a
        comment at another time, please don't hesitate to send us an
        e-mail. To do this, please visit our Help Desk at the following URL:

We'll look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for shopping at
        Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:

If not, click here:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
        incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
        section of our website.

Warmest regards

XXXXX X.
        Customer Service
        Amazon.co.uk"

The X's are the name of the person who "sent me this message". Dear customer, can't even mine my name out of that one. Did it answer my question? No, it didn't do that in any single way.

But he makes a promise. My message should be forwarded to someone else, and they're looking for that feedback and are willing to improve their services. They appreciate my message.

So I'm definitely getting a new e-mail in few days? Of course I am. This practically promises me one, since I made an effort to give them feedback and asked questions, which I didn't get any answers to. I mean not yet, right?

So in few days, if I don't get any response, I'll have to take the advice of the customer service staff and send some more e-mail. I want to get through these automated crap messages damn it. If I can't get through them, I'll just have to start calling them.
        In da butt.

Comment

At least you were able to send an e-mail to Amazon. Back when I tried to find any sort of e-mail whatsoever on the play.com webpage, I failed.

Comment

I recently sent a whiny e-mail when trying to pay for a speeding ticket online. I was like, dude, I can't find any place on your website where I can actually pay for the ticket, just places where it says that I can, in fact, pay online. WTF am I missing?

Except more polite.

And I got an e-mail back that said, essentially, yeah, scroll down. Look to the left. There ya go, moron.

Except more polite.

I felt pretty dumb.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Perhaps you should have signed it "Super Citizen"...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You can't pay for tickets online here, we are too 18th century-ish. Also, the place you have to go to pay is open from 9-11am and 1-4pm. Isn't that convenient? Still, I would really like that job, open 5 hours/day
                Monkey!!!

Comment

VetLegion, WOW tell me about it! I've tried to do the same thing. And the way you can contact them via the internet? Freaking impossible. I spent like 20 minutes, wasted 20 minutes trying to find the obvious.

By the way, I did find it... I remember I had to Google it at the end. Ridiculous. Other than that, their store rules.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    You can't pay for tickets online here, we are too 18th century-ish. Also, the place you have to go to pay is open from 9-11am and 1-4pm. Isn't that convenient? Still, I would really like that job, open 5 hours/day
                    You have to pay extra to buy them online here ... thanks to TicketB******...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

it sensored bastard?

edit: nope, and this is good, because it's my pet name for Sloww
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Pay extra to buy online? Isn't that kind of contradictory of the idea? I mean many services started being free online and they started charging more if you used human services, like the teller at the bank versus doing your own banking on the internet. Right? Stuff like that, because online is SELF SERVICE. So now they make you pay for that as well, what the hell? Is it too convinient?
                        In da butt.

Comment

TicketMaster is the DEVIL!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Sounds like a big joke. I mean since when do you have to pay for self service? Seriously. No, I want to know, why do you have to pay for serving yourself? Like I asked, is it just too convinient, so you have to pay for that convinient self serving?

What if you stick nails in your butt, do you get it for free then, because that hurts and it's not fun to purchase tickets with nails in your ass.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                            X