Civ III the missing link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III the missing link

Er, I did in fact search for this but maybe I don't know how to get the right results, I know there must be plenty of comparison threads. Any way.

I own the special edition of Civilization III, and I was surprised when Civilization IV was announced - the intervening time being less than I had expected. So I tried out the new game, and well...what I noticed with the experience levels of course, and new diplomatic features, and graphics. But other than that...it looked and played a lot like Civilization III.

So is Civilization III even worth playing now? Sure there will always be a few people who prefer its style to that of Civilization IV - but in my mind, we're not talking about Civilization II versus III. There are fewer differences. Thus Civilization II is almost a different game, oh it has the same model and idea, but the execution and strategy are different. (Oh, to remember all the pointless wars started when the other Civs put little towns in the middle of my great empire )

I don't know, is it? What do you think? What does Firaxis think? Old game? Or is there a real advantage to it?

I think this was talked about a great deal about 2 years ago or whenever IV came out. I personally loved IV at first, but soon lost my interest and only play III now.

II was one of my favorites, but I never went back after III. That is not that case for other games like MOO and Homm.

Comment

I play Civ 3 Complete. It has everything I wanted as far as improvements over 2. I will not buy another Civ until 5 comes out.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
      X