X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero 3

They picked some fantastic songs

Paint It, Black

I must be getting old because I recognise far fewer than for previous games.

Comment

Re: Guitar Hero 3

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      They picked some fantastic songs
      Bosses, on the other hand, are the dumbest thing ever. Guitar Hero is not supposed to be a game, it's supposed to be interactive music.

Comment

I find it hilarious that they intentionally made the Wii version a lot easier by increasing the window where you can hit the notes successfully. Says a lot about Wii gamers.

Also, no surprises here, but Wii's online play is crippled and there's no downloadable content (which in games like GH3 makes it retarded).
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

DLC will probably just be a shameless moneyspinner anyway.

Comment

Even so, while GH2's prices were high, new content is everything for GH-like games.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This is also a game where HD helps tremendously, especially in 2-player - not only does the game looks like ass in SD on a large TV, but it's a lot harder to make out the hammer-ons.

Comment

people really play this online?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Are you kidding? Guitar Hero is one of the most social games in years. It's played all the times in bars, parties, casual get-togethers. It's great to play cooperatively/head to head online with friends, especially when you've got painless voice chat...

Not to mention online leaderboards, friend leaderboards, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Asher
                    Are you kidding? Guitar Hero is one of the most social games in years. It's played all the times in bars, parties, casual get-togethers.

I know you think Im technologically backward, but when I said online, I actually meant online, not MP in the same room. As info I was with POTM at a party where the kids were playing Guitar Hero.

It's great to play cooperatively/head to head online with friends, especially when you've got painless voice chat...

Not to mention online leaderboards, friend leaderboards, etc.

It seemed like the kind of thing that would mainly be fun where you can actually watch your friends playing it, but I guess Im not really part of the "virtual generation"
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It's fun when you're with your friends in the same room, it's also fun when you play with friends who aren't right next to you.

I have a ton of friends back in Calgary (a 4 hour flight away, for the not-so-geographically inclined), and being able to play virtually every Xbox 360 game online with them is huge for me.

Comment

in a word, funny game

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          It's great to play cooperatively/head to head online with friends, especially when you've got painless voice chat...
                          Are you speaking from experience? I thought it wasn't out yet and that GH2 didn't have online play.

Comment

It's out, that's why I made the thread (I had just purchased it and played it for the previous several hours). OTOH, I think regular multiplayer is really only useful so that two people can play at once (it can't really serve as a party game if only one person can play at a time), so online multiplayer is kind of pointless.

I just bought it for the new songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              I find it hilarious that they intentionally made the Wii version a lot easier by increasing the window where you can hit the notes successfully. Says a lot about Wii gamers.

Also, no surprises here, but Wii's online play is crippled and there's no downloadable content (which in games like GH3 makes it retarded).
                              The ps2 version is also dumbed down in the same manner.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X