Abbreviations I don't like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbreviations I don't like.

Xian, or X-ian, or its permutations, which, apparently in some circles, means "Christian".

I get it. But I don't like it.

Because when I see "Xian", I get all excited and ****, thinking they're going to talk about some ancient Chinese dynasty. And then X-ian makes it look all alien, so we'll be talking about invaders from deep space.

But then they rant about Jesus, and I lose interest, 'cause that ****'s boring.
    B♭3

FBI
    CIA
    ATF
    IRS
    NAFTA
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I hate abbreviations inside abbreviations, like VLA.

VLA= Vertically Launched ASROC

ASROC = Anti-Submarine Rocket.

In a world already ripe with abbreviations, that just makes it worse.

I also don't like abbreviations that people still feel the need to say anyways, like ATM machine.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

IOU

DUI

AIDS
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

and let's not forget BYOB.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            and let's not forget BYOB.
            You're right. That has to be one of the worst.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

FBI
              CIA
              ATF
              IRS
              NAFTA
              Is that all? Are you turning soft?
              No UN?
              No EU?
              No USA? (although I guess that goes together with FBI, CIA and IRS )
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I didn't want to be a hog, so I left out U.N.

Comment

BAR-B-Q

Its "Barbe au cul" sacrement!

But no-one says that....not even french people...

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Xmas!

Comment

LOL, BRB, IMO, FYI, AFAIK, IIRC, etc.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

LOL

Comment

I didn't want to be a hog, so I left out U.N.
                          You are turning soft, but i love you for it .
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

FWIW, and FYI, ISTR that AFAIK they save time IMO. Anyway IIRC I'll BRB. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                              I hate abbreviations inside abbreviations, like VLA.

VLA= Vertically Launched ASROC

ASROC = Anti-Submarine Rocket.
                              Yay! Nested abbreviations. Now we just need recursive, and pointers to TIA*s and we're away.

* Three Initialled Acronyms

Comment

Working...
                              X