No announcement yet.

Old pbem - TTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had been just going by the map overview, so I figured out how to get into the map editor, and I was totally wrong. Definitely 4 unconnected continents.

Also, I figured the map was totally symmetic, and it is for the most part, except for one thing: moisture. The northwest and southwest starting positions are actually vastly superior to the northeast and southeast starting positions because better situation for rainfall.

Is anyone well versed enough with the map editor to fix this rainfall disparity? Also, I would definitely prefer the map be circular rather than flat. Finally, would we want to use the map editor to join the continents like I mistakenly though they were already?

Comment

• So we still play the Vet's map or not? let's see what hapens

Comment

• Originally posted by florin79c
        So we still play the Vet's map or not? let's see what hapens
        yeah! maybe we should ask Mart to build a new map.
        alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• Hey, thats not what i ment. I really want to play this map the way it is. To bad about moisture, but let's play it the way it is.

PLS

Comment

• I can modify vet's map. The question is if all players would like to play on a modified map.

If yes, then we can agree to modifications.

It looks, you have to find some compromise. I can look into CGN vet's map. I remember that I set up one game over there, but maybe it was not a vet's map...
            Mart
            Map creation contest
            WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• the only fix I agree is the moisture level.

Comment

• Mart7x5,

If you can fix the moisture levels so that they are all the same, that would be wonderful.

I would like to see the continents connected, to make it easier to help our ally, but it is not that big a deal, if others do not want that.

But I do insist that the world be round. I hate flat maps.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmontgomery
                  Mart7x5,

If you can fix the moisture levels so that they are all the same, that would be wonderful.

I would like to see the continents connected, to make it easier to help our ally, but it is not that big a deal, if others do not want that.

But I do insist that the world be round. I hate flat maps.
                  I'm pretty flexible on the rain issue if he can fix it, great if not lets move on and get the game started.

On the continent connecting, since we seem to be getting further and further from bdanv original intent, I vote we leave it alone.

If there's no major objection, I would prefer a round earth. Flat maps have such dorky movement issues.

Comment

• I say let's try the map the way it is

Any more questions?

Comment

• If Mart7x5 can fix the moisture easily, that would be best. Otherwise, we can play as is. Either way, one player from each team will be stuck with the disadvantage of the low moisture eastern positions.

I don't see anyone objecting to playing the map round, and at least two of us strongly prefer the round world.

No bridges between the continents; other than fixing the moisture if this is easy, we play the map as is.

Mart7x5, I think we are in agreement, so you can go ahead and get the game going. Let us know if anything else needs to be clarified.

Comment

• Map Round : Strongly NO

Comment

• Originally posted by florin79c
                          Map Round : Strongly NO
                          Me too.

Comment

• bdanv and florin,

Could you explain your problem with round maps? All we are talking about here is east-west wraparound, right? Or do you see more to it that that?

As wdplays said, flat maps have dorky movement issues. Flat maps greatly reduce your freedom of movement and therefore your strategic options. Cities in the center of the world become more valuable that cities on the edge, which seems arbitrary to me, considering that real world are spherical.

Even though round or flat puts us all on the same footing, I can't really understand why one would perfer a flat map. Please explain.

Comment

• this map wasn't ment to be round. (it's just not about being realistic)
                              if you insist on this matter then maybe we should wait for Mart to build a new one. I don't wanna play it if you guys won't enjoy it.

Comment

• I really want to play the map the way it was ment to be played, the way it was build. We allways play round maps, thow they are not totally spherical.

Hope i have not ofended you with my NO

Comment

Working...
                                X