No announcement yet.

Old pbem - TTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, we'll play flat for a change of pace.

Mart7x5, can the moisure be fixed quickly? If not, we will play the map as is.

Let's get the starting positions hashed out so that there is nothing left to decide.

Suggestion:
    mmontgomery - SW continent
    wdplays - SE continent
    bdanv - NW continent
    florin - NE continent

Comment

• then i think we have an agreement
      starting positions are good to me
      alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

• That's fine with me.

Comment

• good

Comment

• I try to post the corrected map for your review within 24 hours.
            Mart
            Map creation contest
            WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Thanks Mart.

Comment

• Ok, I am 2 days late, but this is what I found and how I'm going to modify the map:

I checked outside continents, the large central continent has most of its jungle tiles rainy, and the remaining few are around the same in number on all 4 "branches". When starting on the outside continents - these rainy tiles matter the most:

Number of rainy tiles:
                continent: (flat/roll.)-(fungus)-(rocky)-(fung+rock)-(borehole):

left-upper: 50+6+5+1+1 = 63
                right-upp.: 45+9+1+0+1 = 56
                left-upper: 54+5+4+0+0 = 63
                right-upp.: 43+9+1+0+0 = 53

- Making rainy tiles in exact the same positions is not possible, due to wind-moisture setup from west to east.

- Fungal rainy tiles have to either have fungus removed or forest must grow over them, then be removed in order to be upgraded to farms. Though, maybe forests can spread more easy from rainy tiles - not sure of that at the moment.

- Rocky rainy tiles have to have rockiness removed in most cases, unless mineral bonus is there, so mine may be considered better improvement.

- Rocky and fungal in one case can be neglected - time consuming to terraform, and in later game you going to raise/lower terrain anyway - if you won't restricy it...

- Rainy under borehole - I'll neglect it too.

- Thus we have 3 categories to equalize:
                (flat/roll.)-(fungus)-(rocky)
                left-upper: 50+6+5 = 61
                right-upp.: 45+9+1 = 55
                left-upper: 54+5+4 = 63
                right-upp.: 43+9+1 = 53

1) I will first rise/lower terrain slightly to change total number of rainy tiles.

2) I will relocate fungus tiles and/or change rocky tiles to make the categories equal or at least very close in number of tiles. These changes should be minor in order not to change map features too much, restrict map regions accessibility etc.

I'll post results soon
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

• Starting tomorrow, I may be unable to access the internet for up to 1 week. I will try to access the internet if at all possible, but I am not sure if it will be possible. I should be back online next Sunday afternoon if I can't get access sooner.

Comment

• No problem. We have waited so long, we can wait one more week, right?

Comment

• I'm back now. Sorry for the delay.

Is the game set up and ready to start?

Comment

• Here is the corrected veterans map. Number of rainy tiles is not everywhere the same, but I think sufficiently close. Right positions got several new river starting tiles, something like a marsh area on slopes of sunny mesa. Some of the tiles there look like rocky but in fact they are often flat or rolling, just graphics for landmark.

Please take a look at the map and tell if this is acceptable.

About the game - who starts in what location?
                        Attached Files
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• I'm ok with the changes.

Starting positions:

Originally posted by mmontgomery
                          mmontgomery - SW continent
                          wdplays - SE continent
                          bdanv - NW continent
                          florin - NE continent

Comment

• Fine with me.

Comment

• fine by me

Comment

• Fine with me. Let's start.

Comment

Working...
                                X