The BUG Project
BTS Unaltered Gameplay, or BUG, is a modification code for Civilization IV: BTS. CIV is a very easy game to modify, but not all modifications are compatible with each other. In an effort to combines these many different Mods from the Civ community, into one concise program, the BUG Project was born. The development chat is at CFC but we have our own website where we store the code.
BUG combines mods that do not change the basic game play of CIV, while adding flavor and ease of use. Some aspects that we feel are within this criteria are Advisor Screens, City View Screen, the Main View Screen, the Civopedia, as well as the way units may look but not the way they play. Also, any addition or changes made, will not provide any information that cannot be figured out within the game itself.
BAT is an add-on to the BUG Mod, that adds flavor to and diversity to the game. It can be used as a stand-alone MOD, and will require BUG to be installed as well to have all of it's features.
We feel these Mods is safe for use in any Succession Games, even if the Succession Game being played is running off another Mod. If you find any changes within the code that modify games play, please post a message to us here, or on the Project Development link listed below, and we will make it of the utmost important to fix the problem.
If you would like to have your Mod added, please visit the Project Development page on SourceForge.
Current BUG version: 2.10 (Compatible with Beyond the Sword version 3.13 only!)
Current BAT version: 0.06 (Compatible with Beyond the Sword versions 3.00 to 3.03!)
Project Development Page:
If you'd like to keep updated with the latest changes to the Mods, then use our SVN server. To do this, follow these directions:
- Create an account on SourceForge. It's free, and there are alot of great projects on there besides ours.
- Download the latest version of TortoiseSVN from here: Download TortoiseSVN Here
- After installation, reboot system.
- Create Directory to place the Mod. I'd suggest a directoy called "The BUG Project".
- Explorer the directory you just created, and right click on it. Go to the Option that says "SVN Checkout."
- Use one of the SVN URL's listed below, when prompted. Right click on the URL and select "Copy Link Location," and copy into Tortoise.
- Enter Username and Password you created on SourceForge.
- Once the directory has been downloaded, you can keep up to date by using SVN Update on the directory again.
- To install you just have to use the Export command from within the TortoiseSVN context menu from inside Explorer.
- To get the latest revision, right click on directory, and pick "SVN Update."
Source Forge SVN Links:
The Complete Project:
The BUG Mod:
The BAT Mod:
BUG Mod Includes:
The BAT Mod Includes:•Option Switching Core by ruff_hi and EmperorFool.
Main Screen Interface:
•Not Just Another Game Clock TheLopez
•Remove Dead Civs from Score by TheLopez
•Power rating in Score by EmperorFool
•Attitude Icons by Porges (Take from Attitudes in Scoreboard by SimCutie)
•Advanced Scoreboard by EmperorFool
•Pop-up Game Messages
•Civ4lerts by Dr. Elmer Jiggle
•Reminders by Eotinb
•Autologger by Eotinb
•Extended Colors by SimCutie
•Basic Plot List Enhancments by ruff_hi
•Better Espionage Screen by Almightix
•Sevopedia by Sevo
•Great Person Tech Preferences by EmperorFool
•Custom Domestic Advisor Redux by EmperorFool
•Specialist Stacker by TheLopez
•Raw Commerce by Sevo
•Raw Production by EmperorFool
•Ethnically Diverse Units & Cities
•Better Ship Scale
•Better Diplomacy Text