Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out of retirement

At least for a while, anyway. ^^;;

I'll be finishing my post-grad studies in just under 3 weeks, and after that, I'm looking at potentially months of downtime, as I slowly recover from a recent hand injury, that's left me for all intents and purposes one handed. That's going to give me quite possibly the most free time I've had in years. It's a good thing SMAC/X can be played with just the mouse. ^^;;

So, in any case...anyone up for a good ol' fashioned game?
    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Welcome back! Interested in IP gaming? We have two games in progress right now: http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...6&pagenumber=1
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I'll play you. You and two more.

How about an old fashioned Smax game with old Poly rules?
      My life, my rules

Comment

IP games probably wouldn't be convenient for me, sorry bdanv.

Old Poly rules are fine by me. I was kind of bored with basic games back when I retired, but I figure that I should ease myself back into things first, rather than throw myself in the deep end with complex scenarios.

I'll still be taking my beloved University, either way. ^^;

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic
          IP games probably wouldn't be convenient for me, sorry bdanv.
          Then I'll join your PBEM if it's Ok with you. I want the Gaians.

@SmartFart: Yes, I'm a vegetarian. What's wrong with that, you free market fanatic, greedy, money lover?
          Last edited by bdanv; October 29, 2007, 10:32.
          alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I'm interested, I'll get back to you with a faction choice.
            If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: Coming out of retirement

Originally posted by Archaic
              At least for a while, anyway. ^^;;

I'll be finishing my post-grad studies in just under 3 weeks, and after that, I'm looking at potentially months of downtime, as I slowly recover from a recent hand injury, that's left me for all intents and purposes one handed. That's going to give me quite possibly the most free time I've had in years. It's a good thing SMAC/X can be played with just the mouse. ^^;;

So, in any case...anyone up for a good ol' fashioned game?
              Welcome back!! I enjoyed our games way back in the day. I see you already seem to have 4 players so it seems your game is full but I would look forward to a game sometime
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I still have the last turn of VETS 8. Only I have forgotten the pwd.

However Bin T may still have the pwds.

It was a 4 person games with me, Archaic, Kirov and Walek.

It had reached turn 2151.

The teams:

: CyCon:
                Archaic: University:
                Hercules: Drones:
                : PKs:

If anyone else is interested. Teams fairly even at this stage, well with Archaic just a head if I recall.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                  I still have the last turn of VETS 8. Only I have forgotten the pwd.

However Bin T may still have the pwds.

It was a 4 person games with me, Archaic, Kirov and Walek.

It had reached turn 2151.

The teams:

: CyCon:
                  Archaic: University:
                  Hercules: Drones:
                  : PKs:

If anyone else is interested. Teams fairly even at this stage, well with Archaic just a head if I recall.

I could play that -- even though I don't know enough about the players to know if I would be inheriting a good position or absolute crap the vets map is always fun-- I'd grab the Pks
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Great Flubber, now we need to know if Archiac is interested in continuing and if BinT still has the pwds.

Comment

Uh...it seems you guys have some unfinished business to do. I'll back off then. Msg me if someone need a 4th. I am not extra good, but I believe I could do better than an automated former.
                      My life, my rules

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFart
                        Uh...it seems you guys have some unfinished business to do. I'll back off then. Msg me if someone need a 4th. I am not extra good, but I believe I could do better than an automated former.

I think you misunderstand. This 'old unfinished game ' is a proposal in addition to the game you want to join.

Comment

I'd be interested in continuing that old game. Might still have copies of my own turns there too, somewhere.

I figure that plus another new game would be my absolute limit for now though. I can't afford to be playing 6 hours of turns every day again. ^^;

Comment

Alright then

I am interested to participate in one 4 players game with old Poly rules plus some new if anybody want to add some.

Tech stagnation is my proposal if noone have any objections.

I'll pick up Morgan, but could go with any facton if someone else want them.
                            My life, my rules

Comment

I have PMed Bin T regarding the passwords for Vets 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X