Science behind Space-Travel theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science behind Space-Travel theories

I just watched a programm that mentioned various theories and ideas for possibilitys of space-travel.

One theory that was mentioned was "Wormholes". They claimed it would be theoreticly possibel to create those, but would need vast amounts of energy.
    Now they didnt really explain how it is supposed to work. So I wonder if its all bs or if the theory behind is actually sound (hasnt to be practical atm, just the theory how it could work, would be nice )

Maybe someone has some insights? Or maybe a good link?
    If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

There are theories that allow such a thing to existence (not that it could be traveled). However, these theories don't have to be the right one.

That is what many people don't understand about things being 'theoretically possible'. That just means that there are theories that haven't been ruled out that allow the possibility of a thing.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I thouight that wormholes were supposed to be a sort of variant of black holes? Wouldn't you be crushed into hitherto unknown sub-atomic particles upon entering a wormhole?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

IIRC, a wormhole is a connection between two or more black holes.

There is, of course, the problems of: (a) not being ripped apart by the tidal gravational forces of the black hole as you approach; (b) time slowing down as you approach the black hole and stopping as you get to the event horizon, and (c) avoiding smacking into the singularity once you enter the black hole. But other than that, it's piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
        X