Most loyal people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most loyal people

...of Your empire are always your workers and your troops - they never get affected by war weariness. I think they should (even if this might require tweaking some numbers). Troops should fight worse and workers should have an occasional turn of strike in which they refuse to work...

Veteran troops in war get jaded. It's the new replacements that hve the enthusiasm for battle - they don't know what they're in for.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

How do you know what the dice roll was representing? Maybe it WAS morale!

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er
        Veteran troops in war get jaded. It's the new replacements that hve the enthusiasm for battle - they don't know what they're in for.
        French troops in WWI nearly went on strike. Definitely reduced their effectiveness prior to the coming of the Americans. East Front German troops were reportedly affected the same way. Some limit appears to exist before troops also become war-weary and less effective! Not sure I want CIV to show this however.
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Especialy those people who can't win at noble.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer

French troops in WWI nearly went on strike. Definitely reduced their effectiveness prior to the coming of the Americans. East Front German troops were reportedly affected the same way. Some limit appears to exist before troops also become war-weary and less effective!
            I think they were just angry that the generals couldn't think of a better stratagy than have all their troops run towards Machine Guns while carrying all their supplies (instead of just gun and bullets.)
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

That and they are French............

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Yeah well the french generals of the 20th century... Offensive, always the offensive in WWI (when tech clearly put the advantage to the defenders) and absolutely static defense in WWII (when tanks and airplanes had returned the adavantage to the attackers)... but thats another story... In fact had the germans noticed the french rebelion in 1917, the subsequent history would have probably looked a lot different.

But actually i still like my idea... This would also give way to another unit-promotion: elite or guard, making it less vulnarable to war weariness... more rules:

- units with generals do not suffer WW

- a button new on each unit (like upgrade) in war times allows a one time payment of gold reducing WW-effects on that unit. executable until WW is zero (multiple times per turn - like promotions) - civics could affect the cost of this (suggestion: nationalism (and maybe. to a lesser degree, repesentation) reduces it, freedom of speech raising it) - with rebalancing of which of course.

Comment

I remember that in Final Frontier mod, my army was once on a strike. Lost nearly all of my construction ships. (They are that mod's workers, if you haven't played it)
                  I just wonder why it wasn't on the ordinary BtS

Comment

It does, but that's just an effect of funds, or lack there of. It's not that they are tired of war... They just want to get paid.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I'm with Jaybe on this. Being slaughtered is just one way a military force may lose an engagement. It is possible that defeated combatants fled or surrendered. Also, given the lifespan of both armed forces and workers, it is a safe assumption that the groups they represent experience a good deal of turnover. There may have been some genuinely loyal slaves and serfs in history, but brute force had a lot to do with that sort of servitude.

Regards,
                      Adam Weishaupt

Comment

A dice roll is random - WW is something you can influence.

Comment

Working...
                        X