NDS LEGEND OF ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS NINTENDO OF AMERICA 3 224K
    PS2 MADDEN NFL 08 ELECTRONIC ARTS 4 205K
    360 SKATE ELECTRONIC ARTS 5 175K
    360 MADDEN NFL 08 ELECTRONIC ARTS 6 173K
    WII METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION NINTENDO OF AMERICA 7 167K
    360 BIOSHOCK TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE (CORP) 8 150K
    NDS BRAIN AGE 2: MORE TRAINING IN MINUTES A NINTENDO OF AMERICA 9 141K
    PS3 HEAVENLY SWORD SONY (CORP) 10 139K

Halo 3 sells 3.3 million copies in 5 days, Xbox 360 overtakes Wii in HW sales.

IMO, the 360 will continue to outsell the Wii throughout the holiday season due to the 360 game lineup (which is incredible), lower priced SKUs ($279 Arcade), and further holiday sales which Nintendo can't meet production-wise.

I made this prediction a while ago too.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I think the Wii may also hold the title of worst attach rate for a console in its first year in history. Even the PS3 had a title in the top 10 outsell the hardware units sold in the month.

500,000 units sold, and the top game sells 167,000 copies? It looks like people are buying Wiis and no games. Would anyone care to debate that, or is it becoming increasingly obvious?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

i think they'll be pretty close, but unless there are a lot of wiis just sitting in warehouses for the holidays, should go to the 360, especially with the great sales going on. 2 bundled games, Arcade. hell, free with a new tv, like mine.

The wii sold over 500k units without a single new system mover. I wonder what the un-supply constrained upper bounds would be for galaxy or brawl.

Comment

I don't think they'd do a lot, considering Metroid Prime 3's sales. The Wii is opening up a new demographic that clearly are not interested in games. Even critically acclaimed, highly-rated ones from big-name franchises.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          I think the Wii may also hold the title of worst attach rate for a console in its first year in history. Even the PS3 had a title in the top 10 outsell the hardware units sold in the month.

500,000 units sold, and the top game sells 167,000 copies? It looks like people are buying Wiis and no games. Would anyone care to debate that, or is it becoming increasingly obvious?
          There was jack **** new to buy on the wii in september.

if galaxy only moves a million, then call me.

Sales were pretty pathetic all around except for halo3, its like it sucked up all the sales.

Comment

The best part of the 360's sales was the comment from Nintendo's exec that the people interested in Halo already had 360s. Clearly.

Comment

So a console that's been out two years is beating consoles that have only been out one year. Big deal. You realize the PS2 Madden still outsells 360 Madden? Consoles that have been out longer just do better. And this is not open for debate, this is a fact like one you could look up online or in a book and confirm to be true.

Comment

I don't think they'd do a lot, considering Metroid Prime 3's sales. The Wii is opening up a new demographic that clearly are not interested in games. Even critically acclaimed, highly-rated ones from big-name franchises.
                NOA really ****ed up the metroid marketing, thankfully, the people in charge are leaving soon.

I haven't played it, but its sitting on my coffee table (i'll play it after bioshock)

The company obviously did a fantastic job of marketing to casuals/lapsed/geriatrics, but hasn't put one iota of that energy into promoting more serious games.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  There was jack **** new to buy on the wii in _____
                  Fill in the blank -- story of the Wii's existence. Isn't this the problem?

Comment

I'm most thankful for the pathetic showing of Sony.

I really don't want next gen to start at $600. Obviously I'll be able to afford that, barring me acquiring 5 kids between now and then, but it just isn't viable for the mass market.

119k in a 5 week month. After an earlier massive price cut? That's less than 24k/month.

Comment

Fill in the blank -- story of the Wii's existence. Isn't this the problem?
                      Not my problem, I like the niche games that only need 200k sales world-wide, that you don't

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        So a console that's been out two years is beating consoles that have only been out one year. Big deal. You realize the PS2 Madden still outsells 360 Madden? Consoles that have been out longer just do better. And this is not open for debate, this is a fact like one you could look up online or in a book and confirm to be true.
                        Yeah. In addition, some of us noticed a long time ago that the HD "revolution" in console gaming is really not taking off, and probably won't for another year or two.

Another reason the Wii is doing so well.

Still can't understand why people ooh and aah about Halo. It's a pretty mediocre game, especially compared to other games available on the 360. It's not even true HD, which is galling.

Then again, people buy millions of Britney records, so it shouldn't be that surprising.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

given that Nintendo is production constrained, its likely that 360 will continue to outsell Wii through December, that makes sense.

Anyone want to place a bet on how much though? they only outsold the Wii by 5% in units (yeah, I know the 360 costs more) in the month of their price cut and Halo release (yeah, I know that was only the last few days of the month, but those were the days during which Halo sold 3 million copies)

If we're going to discuss the Wii attach rate, Id like to see the actual data on the attach rate, not speculate from the top ten games in one month.

At any rate they did better in software sales than PS3 for whatever thats worth.

I know its not quite on topic for this thread, but Id be curious to see the PC game sales for the month - did Halo drain them the same way it seems to have drained the other consoles.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            Madden 360 sales= 1069.6k
                            Madden ps2 sales= 848.6k

How did the PS2 version out sale the 360 version?
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                              Yeah. In addition, some of us noticed a long time ago that the HD "revolution" in console gaming is really not taking off, and probably won't for another year or two.

Another reason the Wii is doing so well.
                              Gaming is about the games. The Wii is pushing a lot of hardware, but not the games.

The HD "revolution" may not be taking off according to you, but the 360 is consistently raping every other platform out there (including PS2) in games sales. And isn't that what this is all about?

Still can't understand why people ooh and aah about Halo. It's a pretty mediocre game, especially compared to other games available on the 360. It's not even true HD, which is galling.
                              You refuse you give your gamertag/bungie.net account -- tell us what it is so we can confirm your Halo 3 gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X