Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video games: Nothing good anymore?

Seriously...wtf?

Nothing is good anymore. Well, there are "good" games, but none that give me the "one more turn" feeling I am looking for...

Winter is approaching, no more driving, no more terrasses, no more fun. ...So, I need a game. Best way to put money aside also. But I cant find one! Where are the starcraft, Rome:total war and Civ 3 games gone too?

In the last 2 weeks, I have been looking for one intensly and I have both a couple, and they all failed.

World in Conflict....wtf is 9.5 about?! And MP is atrociously boring and stupid. Farcry...AI is as dumb as a tree. Call of Duty 2....good game, but nothing incredible. Empire earth 2, I played the hell out of EE1 so this one isn't really a sequel, but more a 1.5...Medieval Total war II...how freaking boring is that game!? Combat is stupid and dull and its the same engine as RTW....

Wtf?! have I lost my love for games or are companies just to redundant with their games? I want something good, somthing cool, something out of the ordinary. I want the new ''Starcraft" game that will get me addicted...Where is it?! I'm even afraid of trying out SC2, I'm afraid I'll just find it boring after an hour....

HELP ME!!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I don't play games anymore Except for Pro Evo Soccer 2007

Waiting for PES 2008 and StarCraft 2.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm waiting for another Chrono game. I suspect I'll be waiting for sometime, since apparently SquareEnix is too busy milking Final Fantasy for most of its income.

Long live Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross!

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

It's a rare video game that can get my interest.

I spend most of my time playing ancient computer strategy games. I wish I knew programming language; I'd like to invent some.

Comment

Hell, I still find Starcraft to be more fun than most game that come out today...

Something is not right.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

This is an incredible time for great games. I've got 5 Xbox 360 games still waiting to be played in a pile.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why would you want to play them in a pile? Sounds uncomfortable.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Why would you want to play them in a pile? Sounds uncomfortable.
                That depends on who's piled on top of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  It's a rare video game that can get my interest.

I spend most of my time playing ancient computer strategy games. I wish I knew programming language; I'd like to invent some.
                  far simpler then writing your own game is taking an existing one, and modifying it to how you believe the game should play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    This is an incredible time for great games. I've got 5 Xbox 360 games still waiting to be played in a pile.
                    Yea, maybe, but I am talking about PC games, Asher.

I have no consoles.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                      far simpler then writing your own game is taking an existing one, and modifying it to how you believe the game should play out.
                      Okay then. I wish I knew programming language because then I could take an existing game and modifyi it to how I believe the game should play out.

Comment

I'm waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

Comment

You know what were cool games?? Starflight and Sentinel Worlds, where you could land anywhere on planets and then travel around. I loved that!

Comment

They should make a game like SC, but on a world map like RTW.

It would be both turn based and RTS at the same time. Then, when fighting to gain a territory, invading armies from the neighboring territory could call for reinforcments, but the defenders could simply make the units right away.

That would be awesome.

Spec.

Comment

You could always play Bioshock ... or get The Orange Box (TF2, HL2:2, and Portal). Both good I'm told.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X