Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark1416 View Post
    thanks for your help motter now it works maybe i was doint sumthin wrong
    No problem. If you want I can enable the other campaign units with their nations:

British: Red Coats, Ship of the Line, Siegeship
    Greeks: Greek Mercenaries
    Romans and Greeks: Catapult Ship
    Persians: War Chariot
    Spanish: Conquistadors/EliteCon., Bandeirantes/E.Band., Galleon
    Americans: Ironclad, Humvee, Harrier Jet
    Russians: Barbarian Archers, Javelineers, and Phalanx, Junkers, Nuclear Sub
    Dutch: Fur Trapper
    Asian, Arab, African, S.American Guerilla Fighters
    I think that's all of them, let me know, it only takes about 5 min.

Otter

Comment

I'm interested in the Humvee, Harrier Jet, and the Nuclear Sub.

Can you walk me through them generally, just so I know how to activate them myself?

Also, how do I place them in scenarios?
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
        I'm interested in the Humvee, Harrier Jet, and the Nuclear Sub.

Can you walk me through them generally, just so I know how to activate them myself?

Also, how do I place them in scenarios?
        OK, to change it for the game overall in unitrules, go to unitrules, first find the unit that the Nation is using by default, for Americans I think it's Armored Cavalry and Advanced Fighter, for the Russians it's Attack Submarine. Disable those units for those nations in the tribe mask.

Next do a search for the campaign units - Humvee, Harrier Jet, Nuclear Sub. Most of the information should already be filled in, generally the only thing you have to change is the WHERE section and then the tribe mask, also put a "y" in the FLAGS section so it will show up as a unique unit. Also, you can create units at buildings other than the one's they normally are created at, I mention that because you said you enjoyed those Coldwar Battles where you only had Redoubts, so you could put Town Center in the WHERE section if you wanted and you could create Humvee's at your town center, just make sure you don't put 2 units in the same x, y slot.

On to your second question, to script them is actually pretty easy, in the RUN ONCE section just do this:

disable_type_by_tribe("Armored Cavalry", "Americans");
        enable_type_by_tribe("Humvee", "Americans", "Auto Plant", 0, 1);

Here again you could put the Humvee at another building, just replace Auto Plant with whatever you want, Redoubt, Senate, whatever, once again make sure you don't use a x, y slot that's already being used by another unit or tech.

If you need me to go more into detail let me know, but you seem to understand how to mod pretty well so I didn't want to write to much.

Otter
        Last edited by motter28218; January 27, 2009, 09:54. Reason: spelling

Comment

Just wondering is this game still alive for multiplayer? I know this is the wrong area but Im posting here to avoid two topics.

Does anybody have any recommended mods or a tutorial on them? Im trying to re-create German WW2 super weapons like the Bismark

Comment

I still play the game a lot and if you're up for MP, give me an email at

amazonian_mage(at)yahoo(dot)com

I can give some advice on how to mod the game. Very basic. But it should help you get started.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Bing already asked the question elsewhere.

And apparently he's making some pretty good progress on the Jiefangjun unit.

Apparently he's altering the "Imperial Guard" unit (from the Napoleon campaign) and making that work like a Shock Infantry unit. I'm going to watch closely how he does it and see how it all shakes out. Booyah!
              Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; March 24, 2009, 12:40.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Okay, so Bing has made some good progress on the Jiefangjun Infantry. I helped him rustle up some artwork for it, and it's looking pretty fun.

It's basically a recolored Shock Infantry, from brown to green coat.

Bing showed me the files, and it seems like there are two problems.

1. He can only get it to work by replacing Shock Infantry. There should be a way to replace a different unit, but that's beyond us right now.

2. He can only get it to work by putting the re-skinned unit tga into the game's root art directory. The game refuses to recognize the mod/JFJ/art directory at all.

Some pictures to show what's cracking off.
                Attached Files
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Go register on RoN Heaven you're bound to get an answer. Rise of Nations Heaven is the last surviving thriving RoN community so its probably the only way that you can get an answer to your question.
                  Last edited by yankeefreak127; September 24, 2009, 22:27.

Comment

Please do. Can you enable everything else as well? Like the SAS for the British and Barbarian units for Germany? What do you mean by enabling or disabling on the Tribe Mask? What do you have to modify to allow a 'locked' unit become usable in the Scenario Editor?

Comment

how to change/add unit graphics in rise of nation

Originally posted by motter28218 View Post
                      OK, to change it for the game overall in unitrules, go to unitrules, first find the unit that the Nation is using by default, for Americans I think it's Armored Cavalry and Advanced Fighter, for the Russians it's Attack Submarine. Disable those units for those nations in the tribe mask.Next do a search for the campaign units - Humvee, Harrier Jet, Nuclear Sub. Most of the information should already be filled in, generally the only thing you have to change is the WHERE section and then the tribe mask, also put a "y" in the FLAGS section so it will show up as a unique unit. Also, you can create units at buildings other than the one's they normally are created at, I mention that because you said you enjoyed those Coldwar Battles where you only had Redoubts, so you could put Town Center in the WHERE section if you wanted and you could create Humvee's at your town center, just make sure you don't put 2 units in the same x, y slot.On to your second question, to script them is actually pretty easy, in the RUN ONCE section just do this:disable_type_by_tribe("Armored Cavalry", "Americans");enable_type_by_tribe("Humvee", "Americans", "Auto Plant", 0, 1);Here again you could put the Humvee at another building, just replace Auto Plant with whatever you want, Redoubt, Senate, whatever, once again make sure you don't use a x, y slot that's already being used by another unit or tech. If you need me to go more into detail let me know, but you seem to understand how to mod pretty well so I didn't want to write to much.Otter

Comment

Working...
                      X