Vanilla and Warlords patched DLLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla and Warlords patched DLLs

Due to the patch to version 3.13 for Beyond the Sword, minor changes were made to Civ4 Vanilla v1.74 and Civ4 Warlords v2.13, which affects multiplayer play, as well as any games that are "locked modified assets", for Civilization 4 (Vanilla) and Civilization 4: Warlords.

WHO NEEDS THIS DLL: Anyone who does not have Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword, who will be playing any sort of MP (Online, PBEM, PTBS, etc.) play with players who have BTS. Additionally, anyone who will be playing "competitive" SP games with Lock Modified Assets. If you are playing in MP with others who do not have BTS, you may either all install this DLL, or none.

HOW TO USE THIS DLL:

Unzip the file, and then follow these steps to install it.

1. Open your Civilization 4 "Program Files" folder. For typical installations on XP this is C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\
    2. Open "Assets".
    3. You will see a file called "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" in this folder. Move this file elsewhere, to a safe location (such as My Documents or somewhere else where you will be able to find it later if you want to undo this install).
    4. Put the unzipped CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the Assets folder, in the place of the file you just moved away.

The process is identical for Warlords, except the Assets folder is inside C:\Program Files\Firaxis\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\ (for typical installations). Place the Warlords CvGameCoreDLL.dll in that folder in place of the file that is currently there, first moving or copying the old file to a safe place.

If you ever need to revert to the original 1.74 / 2.13 versions, you can simply replace the new DLL with the old one that you saved in a safe location. You can also accomplish this if you forgot to save the old files by deleting the new files, and re-applying the Civ4 1.74 or Warlords 2.13 patches.

The new files will have a creation date of around 9/24/07, while the old files will have a creation date of around 5/16/07.

You can download the files here:

Civ 4 (Vanilla) DLL
    Warlords DLL

These files are provided as-is with no warranty. They are the actual dll files installed by Civ4 BtS 3.13, but have not been released officially by Firaxis Games or 2KGames as a separate download.

Please post here if you have any questions If you are a SP-only player, you probably do not need these files, and I do not recommend installing them if you are unlikely to ever play an MP game of any sort.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Great news Snoopy369!!

Im sure many people out here have such a need, once they calm down and quit beating on their keyboards
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

These (or equivalent DLLs) should be pushed out as actual patches by Firaxis, not just posted to fan sites.

Comment

Ha, just in time for our big civ game! Had to turn off events to get it to work but this patch should do the trick...

Comment

This has nothing to do with BtS itself, so if you're talking about Events this won't help you. This is the new DLL that BtS 3.13 patches on Vanilla and Warlords.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh really? Never mind then. I guess I was just being overoptimistic...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              These (or equivalent DLLs) should be pushed out as actual patches by Firaxis, not just posted to fan sites.
              I think snoop actually went Firaxis and asked for these to save the Demogames and they were kind enough to provide them.

snoopy369
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

I think snoop actually went Firaxis and asked for these to save the Demogames and they were kind enough to provide them.

snoopy369
                teh Snoopy is teh Civer's Helper
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Huge thanks Snoopy!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Thanks for posting the fix and the applicable files snoop.

Comment

Yep
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Does anyone know whether this approach works in reverse?

So, I take a backup copy of these two files, when I have only civ 1.74 and warlords 2.13 loaded.

Then I install bts and patch to 3.13.

If I swap out these two files for the 'originals',
                        should I be able to open native 1.74 and 2.13 saves?

Comment

sounds good to me
                          Emilio1

Comment

Working...
                          X