G4 XPLAY Gives BTS 3 out of 5 Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 XPLAY Gives BTS 3 out of 5 Stars

According to this ARTICLE from 4 September 2007, 3 out of 5 is the best they could come up with.

Lets see what your take is on their comments!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

XPlay? HAH!

They should stick to Halo, seriously. Think anything more might tax their brains.

-edit:

To be fair, the review *appears* well written, but it doesn't look to me like he spent a decent amount of time playing the game.

Comment

What makes this expansion disappointing is that the previous expansion, Warlords, expanded the game play while fundamentally changing it.

A very similar gem was included in some other review. Yeah, right... Warlords changing the game fundamentally
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Agreed. That statement was nonsense. I think the whole review is a case of someone catering to his own preconceptions.

Also, here's something which could be said about BtS: "It is refreshing for aggressive players who’d gotten tired of the game and needed to be goaded into playing differently."

... just my 2 cents....

Wodan

Comment

Some of the criticism was constructive (corporations and spying did need polishing), but it is cleat that the guy does not understand what he is talking about.

Comment

that is something that got me. How do you start a holy war with the apostolic palace? It never asked me if I wanted everyone to attack monty because he was a hindu?

Comment

There has to be a war somewhere between a believer civ and a non-believer civ for the holy war option to appear.
              "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by clarkcd
                There has to be a war somewhere between a believer civ and a non-believer civ for the holy war option to appear.
                /me thinks out loud to himself
                like that would really happen in real life

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                X