Radiohead's In Rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiohead's In Rainbows

In Rainbows was released today through their website inrainbows.com. As mentioned in a previous thread, the price of the album is whatever you like.

In Rainbows has echoes of Hail to the Thief, but is fairly uplifting. Nude, Faust Arp and Videotape are particularly sweet songs.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Brittney>Radiohead

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I bought it for £0.00 just to have a listen.

I really like it now I've listened to it. If there was a normal CD version of it I'd probably buy it.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I read about this last week, nice move, not something I would listen to though. Hopefully other bands/artist will follow
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
          I bought it for £0.00 just to have a listen.

I really like it now I've listened to it. If there was a normal CD version of it I'd probably buy it.
          Is there a penalty for bying it a second time for $19.99?
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I liked The Bends, and some tracks off OK Computer (such as Paranoid Android). Everything else since has sounded like self-indulgent pap. Have they finally gotten real and started making listenable noises again?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Rainbows is less experimental, though the first 41 seconds of the first song doesn't make that obvious.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Waiting for my confirmation code now. I was a sucker and paid 5 pounds...

Comment

I tried to get it from their site but it was slow as **** earlier.

Listened to it twice now and I prefer Hail to the Thief from the two, hopefully it'll improve with a few more listens.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by germanos

Is there a penalty for bying it a second time for $19.99?
                    Nope. I don't like paying for mp3s, I'd buy a CD though, they'll probably release one.

A recording artist will make between 50p and £2 per CD on the sale of an album if it's released through a normal record deal, depending on how good a deal they've got. They've had to do their own marketing, but have no physical production costs, I reckon about £3 to 5 would be a 'fair' price.

Lots of people are paying like £10 for it, and they are selling the double CD + double LP boxed set for £40 so I reckon they'll be ok.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I thought it was quite good. And IMO €7 is a fair price... It sure as hell is a lot more than they'd get from an ordinary record when you take away the huge chunks of cash that go into the pockets of the record companys...

Btw I found this post at torrent site Mininova. All I can say is Word!!

Hey, this is not about Radiohead, or even about the album... We've been telling media companies for years that we hate them, hate CDs, hate their marketing and distribution model. Now a decent band has tried to give us what we've always wanted. Don't download this from here. Go to inrainbows.com and buy it; give as much as you think you'd pay in future to download music that you like, directly from the artist.

I paid about AU$3.00, which I think is fair. It's a price that would stop me downloading pirate music ever again.

If you do keep listening to this album and don't pay, you're a hypocritical scum-bag, just like the RIAA.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

Nope. I don't like paying for mp3s, I'd buy a CD though, they'll probably release one.
                        What is the difference between buying the CD and buying the songs as mp3s and burning them onto a CD?

You would end up with the same product, but wouldn't have to wait for the CD release.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

They are only 160kbps mp3s so the quality is worse, you get no packaging, atwork etc.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Thanks MikeH. I don't download mp3s, so I hadn't realized there was a quality issue. The packaging and artwork hold little or no value for me.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

160kbps is quite enough if you don't have a really good stereo or really good ears.
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X