Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Similar to Solver's patch for 3.02, this patch modifies the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file. As with his version, it's best to make a backup of the dll before overwriting it.

Note: The source for the modifications is included (multiple files with a .cpp extension). If you aren't a modder, you have no need for those files, and can safely delete them.

Changelog:
    • Fixed bug where culture/espionage would not display for building popups
    • Fixed bug where spies would be ejected from a square when declaring war
    • Fixed bug that caused the AI to trade for resources it already had (appears as grossly uneven trades)
    • Refixed trade bug
    • Refixed culture/espionage display bug
    • Fixed bug with Warlords attaching to units when the Great General is part of a selection group
    • Prevented new Colonies from overwriting previously existing Civs
    • No longer displays new Colony message if player hasn't met Master Civ
    • Workers on Transports no longer perform capture of cities (thereby displacing all other units) when city is captured
    • Units considered "unsuitable" for city defense will no longer be prevented from healing in cities
    • No longer able to base an unlimited number of air units in vassal's cities
    • Can found Corporations under Mercantilism
    • Vassal's spies will no longer be "caught" in your territory
    • Amount of time worked taken into consideration by city plot selection (thanks SevenSpirits)
    • The Vassal of a Capitulating Civ is freed before peace treaty
    • Mouse-over for Worker actively working a plot no longer counts Worker twice
    • Automated Workers will no longer idle when railroading is possible
    • Mouse-over for Join City now displays extra bonuses for Great People
    • Vassals freed by Capitulating Master no longer refuse to talk
    • Privateers can only enter team members' or vassals' cities
    • Automated Workers will no longer idle in cities within 2 squares of a hostile border
    • Refixed Vassal/capitulation
    • AIs less likely to build Executives if they can't afford to use them or already have sufficient
    • Buildings that grant both heathiness and unhealthiness will display both instead of neither in building popups
    • Vassals can no longer be their Master's worst enemy
    • Espionage ratio for humans now displayed in score tooltip (thanks morbus)
    • Improved worker threat assessment from units able to move multiple squares
    • Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit
    • Fixed AI turn slowdown caused by change to worker threat assessment
    • Relationship penalty for declaring war on a friend checks if Civs are at war
    • Altered previous worker threat assessment check so it's less useful, but more efficient
    • Fixed bug (introduced) causing endless loop at "waiting for players"
    • Fixed bug (introduced) causing the Great Persons civilopedia entries to be blank
    • Stolen techs can no longer be traded with No Tech Brokering enabled
    • New Colonies mirror their Master's tech status with No Tech Brokering enabled
    • New Colonies mirror their Master's exploration (map) status
    • Healthy/Unhealthy bonuses will display properly under more circumstances (events, etc)
    • Extended spy ejection protection to Great Spies (and any other unit considered "always invisible")
    • AI Civs under Theocracy will no longer accept gifted Missionaries
    • Units withdrawing from combat will be removed from selection group (thanks Moctezuma)
    • When bumping naval units from cities, preference will be given to water tiles
    • Tweaks/bugfixes to improve starting city locations (thanks SevenSpirits)
    • Cities no longer require a Monument to allow Spies to sabotage buildings
    • Rivers added for starting locations will generate flood plains if they pass through desert tiles
    • Spy unit help popup will display the percentage espionage cost decrease from fortification

v1.21

Also available is a supplementary fix that deals with the XML/Python files (unrelated to the dll fixes above).
    • Reactivated the Glance diplomatic screen
    • Fixed a bug preventing war declarations via Worldbuilder
    • Civilopedia promotions no longer display a unit class if only a subsection of that class can get the promotion
    • Partisans only appear when Civ is running Emancipation

v1.03

Bh
    Last edited by Bhruic; May 17, 2008, 17:14.

Nice! Thanks mate

Comment

Yeah; great work Bhruic.

With your fix on top of 3.13, I had a great game of BTS,(lost to the AI by a Culture victory! )

Hope someone at Firaxis takes note and issues a hotfix.

Comment

First a big thanks for fixing the AI wants every resource thing, that was very annoying in 313.

Here's an oddity I noticed after I had installed the unoffical patch, I don't know if this would happens on 313 or not.

Anyway, in the Zulu's past turn they discovered Military Science. But dispite being capitulated to me they say "they don't like me enough" to sell it to me. I thought capitulated civs should always be willing to trade techs with their masters?
        Attached Files
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Nope, it's only resources they are "forced" to give to their Masters - they are allowed to hold on to techs.

Bh

Comment

Updated:
            • Can found Corporations under Mercantilism/State Property
            • Vassal's spies will no longer be "caught" in your territory

Bh
            Last edited by Bhruic; October 13, 2007, 12:24.

Comment

I would think you shouldn't be able to found a corp under State Property since it's suppose to shut even domestic ones down. If all your interested in in corporation denial I think you should have to switch out of State Property first.

I do agree that Corporations should be able to be founded under Merchantism since it's not supposed to affect domestic operations, only keep out the foreign ones.

Originally posted by Bhruic
              Updated:[LIST][*]Can found Corporations under Mercantilism/State Property[*]Vassal's spies will no longer be "caught" in your territory[LIST]

Bh
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yeah, public opinion seems to agree with you, so I've modified it so they can be founded with Mercantilism, but not State Property.

Bh

Comment

Good list of fixes Bhruic!! Thanks!
                  Question, in MP it's impossible to play loaded savegames because no actions can be done. All windows can be opened, we can chat, but we can't actually play. Just nothing happens.

Can you check out what's going on?
                  We thought it may have to do with the fact that we're not with the same number of players as last game.

Here's the save (it doesn't work for 95% of the others saves either!!)

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Update:
                    • Amount of time worked taken into consideration by city plot selection (thanks SevenSpirits)
                    • The Vassal of a Capitulating Civ is freed before peace treaty

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      We thought it may have to do with the fact that we're not with the same number of players as last game.
                      How many players were in the original game?

I need to get some sleep now, but I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow.

Bh

Comment

[*]Can found Corporations under Mercantilism/State Property

Bh
                        I would not make that change in a bug-fixing patch. The initial change (to corp cannot be founded in SP) feels like an intentional change, and is significantly too controversial for a bug-fixing patch (as opposed to a balancing patch). (On the other hand, Merc certainly should be able to found corporations, so that part is okay.)
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks for these updates, Bhruic!
                          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

How many players were in the original game?

I need to get some sleep now, but I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow.

Bh
                            11 in the original game.
                            We had 10 players last friday, then it didn't work.

I would not make that change in a bug-fixing patch. The initial change (to corp cannot be founded in SP) feels like an intentional change, and is significantly too controversial for a bug-fixing patch (as opposed to a balancing patch). (On the other hand, Merc certainly should be able to found corporations, so that part is okay.)

agreed.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Yeah, after discussing it, I did revert it so that you can't found under State Property, but you can under Mercantilism. It seemed like a good balance (and in line with the original intentions of the developers).

Bh

Comment

Working...
                              X