Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... ops sorry !!
    Last edited by Zebek; October 12, 2007, 18:22.

Comment

Update:
      • Mouse-over for Worker actively working a plot no longer counts Worker twice
      • Workers will no longer idle when railroading is possible
      • Mouse-over for Join City now displays extra bonuses for Great People
      • Vassals freed by Capitulating Master no longer refuse to talk

Bh

Comment

Potential bugs with 1.08 unofficial patch?

I played a game with your 1.07 inofficial patch, then installed 1.08 and continued. I noticed two potential bugs that might be worth reporting:

1.) I had one vassal already, and by fighting down another Civ into capitulation I gained a second vassal. In that moment, the first vassal was freed, without that any conditions for vassal freeing were fulfilled. (When I went to negotiate, that Civ immediately agreed to be back as my vassal.)

2.) Some of my workers in a city were inactive, and remained so even after clicking on "fully automatic" worker. However, there were clearly things to do, and after clicking on "automatically improve nearest city only", they started to work.

Sorry, I didn't make saves 1), but could post a save of 2) if needed.

Anyway all in all great patch, thanks a lot!

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see the save for (2) - automated workers shouldn't be sitting idle if they have available tasks (with 1.08).

Bh

Comment

A couple questions about this: "Vassals freed by Capitulating Master no longer refuse to talk" Were they only doing this when their former master had only recently stoped refusing to talk or all the time?
            And was the length of the former vassal refusing to talk only a turn or two or was it acting as if the war had just started that turn?

If the answers to both of them are the former it's possible it was working fine before. But if the answers to both of them are the later, then yeah that's definately a needed fix.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Vassals won't talk to you if you are at war with them - you have to talk to their Masters. Once they were on their own, they reverted to normal "you just declared war" behaviour.

Bh

Comment

Is it possible to correct the 'issue' new to BTS where workers building improvements are graphically improperly positioned in the grid so that it appears as if they are working the tile next to the one they are standing in.

It is not a major thing but I wonder why it is that this appeared in BTS, and it has actually made me cancel worker orders a few times when I thought I gave the wrong order initially but then realised it was the graphical imposition of the guy that made me think he was working a tile other than the one in question.

(By the way, perhaps more of a modding question but where are all the women in this game? Does anyone know of a way to get a few women workers out in the fields so as make the landscape a little bit more varied?)
                "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen that myself, guermantes, not in any version of BtS or any of the patches or "unofficial" patches. It's very strange sounding. Are you sure it's not just your graphic card or something? Has anyone else reported this problem?

Wodan

Comment

What resolution are you playing at? Does changing the resolution eliminate the issue?

I think that is more than likely an error on the graphics renderer at the specified resolution not placing things quite correctly. Particularly on wide screen resolutions and such I can see that sort of problem happening. I don't think that could be fixed in a fan patch.

I suggest attaching a screenshot if you can

Women workers you could mod in certainly. You'd have to create NIFs etc. for them, and then just give them to be used by any given civ
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Save for automated workers problem

Originally posted by Bhruic
                      Yeah, I'd like to see the save for (2) - automated workers shouldn't be sitting idle if they have available tasks (with 1.08).

Bh
                      Ok, attached is the saved game for (2). I play the Holy Roman empire. Locate on the cities of Mainz or Ulm. There are three or one idle worker, respectively. If you select them, you'll see the blue circles that suggest what to do (if you have the corresponding option on). Click on "automated worker", and you see what they'll do is - nothing. Try the next turn, same result.

I guess you can reproduce (1) also by playing a few turns attacking the Americans until they agree to capitulate (should be easy). England will be freed as vassal in the same moment they capitulate, for no reason.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't need to duplicate (1), I already know about that problem - basically it was a case of me incorrectly updating some code (ie, the problem was on my end). Next version will have that fixed. I'll try and see what's up with your workers tho'.

Bh

Comment

Ok, it turns out that the reason your workers aren't doing anything is because they are horribly scared.

Basically, when automating workers, it checks how close they are to enemy borders. If they are within 2 squares of an enemy border (which they are in both the cities you mention), they will hole up in the city and do nothing.

Firaxis seems to realize this isn't optimal behaviour, as there's a note in the source "maybe not do this??? could be working productively somewhere else...", but that's the way they've left it.

I'm going to look into doing the danger check slightly differently (basically check whether the plot they would work is close to the border instead of their current location) and see if that's feasible.

edit: Grr. The way they handled AI worker jobs is rather annoying. There's no real way to have it do danger assessment for each job because it assigns the job immediately. The more annoying part is that it'll actually assign workers to work on plots that are closer to the border - as long as the worker didn't start next to the border to begin with. Fixing this would be a major undertaking.

Bh
                          Last edited by Bhruic; October 16, 2007, 02:41.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info.

Interestingly, they do start to work if you press "improve nearest city", which is slightly inconsistent if they fear the border.... (Should be the other way around if it's fear: No action if you want to improve only the city at the border, but do jobs somewhere else in the central country if you press "automated worker")

But as I understand that this would be a major update, maybe we have to wait until Firaxis' next patch (if any...?).

Comment

Well, I can do something to "fix" the problem, it's just not going to be as good a fix as a complete overhaul would do. It just strikes me as especially silly that if a worker is sitting in a city that's within 2 squares of the enemy border, it will sit there doing nothing, but if it's not, it'll think nothing about moving even closer to the border and starting working. Very inconsistent.

I'm still not sure which "fix" I'll use - I've been trying a couple of different things to see how the AI reacts to them.

Bh

Comment

thx for all your great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X