Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wodan11
    Bhruic's latest patch should fix that, ColdPhoenix.

Wodan
    Cheers, should probably install it.

Comment

I think the existing extra "you declared war on us" is sufficent for this. How many humans actually declare war on the AI without their forces already stationed on the border ready to invade?

Originally posted by marvinkosh
      It wouldn't hurt though to have an extra negative modifier for invading (after all, it's possible to fight a war and take none of their cities, just skirmish at the border). That way it doesn't scale specifically to the number of cities taken, but to the perceived aggression. It might also be an idea for AIs to perceive other nations that you've invaded as potential allies (positive modifier) even if hostilities are at present ceased.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think adding an additional negative points when a city is taken would be very detremential to the very suvial of that AI. The more negative relations are the less likely they are to seek a cease fire etc. along with an increased chance of declaring war with insufficent troop levels later.

Originally posted by wodan11
        The # of cities problem could be solved simply by making it a percentage of cities owned. If you take 6/10 cities, that would be 60%. If you take 6/24 cities, that would be 25%. So, give some maximum negative, say, -10. 6/10 would mean -6 modifier. 6/24 would mean -2.5 modifier. Round up or down, whichever.

Wodan

EDIT: The above isn't quite right. This probably has to be a cumulative modifier to avoid making the game have to have memory. So, each time a city is conquered, the additional negative modifier would be -1/(current num cities). Probably multiplied by some constant X (to be determined by playtesting).
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In civ1 you could use a "diplomat" unit to bribe a unit to fight at your side. Would it be possible to implement such a thing for bts?

I'm thinking the price should be dependent on how strong your culture is compared to theirs, and how far they/you are into your/their territory. Triple price if the unit is not available to the receiving civ yet, and adds -1 to diplomacy for stealing a unit.

Would add an interesting twist on small encounters.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            I think the existing extra "you declared war on us" is sufficent for this. How many humans actually declare war on the AI without their forces already stationed on the border ready to invade?
            Okay. In that case I suggest a non-stackable -1 modifier for 'You are our worst enemy!' that tends to stick so long as you have bad relations with that Civ. When you're at the negotiating table you'll sometimes see as a mouseover 'We will never trade with you, our worst enemy!' as an explanation as to why they won't go for an Open Borders, so this would tie in with that.

If the human player is going to crush this Civ then a -1 to relations isn't going to make a lot of difference, however if they need this Civ's vote for the UN then it probably will.
            O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Update:
              • Buildings that grant both heathiness and unhealthiness will display both instead of neither in building popups
              • Vassals can no longer be their Master's worst enemy
              • Espionage ratio for humans now displayed in score tooltip (thanks morbus)
              • Improved worker threat assessment from units able to move multiple squares
              • Spies no longer interrupt their mission when moving next to an enemy unit

Bh

Comment

What building(s) grant both??? That sems very odd.

Originally posted by Bhruic

Buildings that grant both heathiness and unhealthiness will display both instead of neither in building popups

Bh
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

A reward for one quest (or event, can't remember which,) is +1 health from each drydock, which means that each drydock in that situation gives both -1 health and +1 health.....
                  "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Privateers cannot enter others....

My privateers can no longer enter other peoples sea/area without declaring war. Whats up with that? The whole purpose of Privateers was to loot any country whether friend or foe because the boat does not show a flag of origin.

I was heading to the Vikings who have closed boarders with me and it asks if I want to do this as it will declare war. Did you intend to do this with this patch?

Comment

Bhruic,

I think something in the unofficial patch is causing a CTD when I'm loading an old game or starting a new one. If I revert to the official patch 3.13 DLL then I can load or start a new game without problems.
                      O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Re: Privateers cannot enter others....

Originally posted by larsenex
                        My privateers can no longer enter other peoples sea/area without declaring war. Whats up with that? The whole purpose of Privateers was to loot any country whether friend or foe because the boat does not show a flag of origin.

I was heading to the Vikings who have closed boarders with me and it asks if I want to do this as it will declare war. Did you intend to do this with this patch?
                        Can you post a save?

Bh

Comment

Hi Bh,

only due to your patch it becomes enjoyable to play BTS! What Firaxis delivered with 1.31 simply contains to many annoyances...

Two smaller issues:

- The graphic issue that automated worker's movements are not visible in the turn you automate them, under the conditions as described earlier, is not yet fixed.

- If you press ALT+click on a unit in a city where there are air units, instead of selecting all units *except* for the air units (which I think should be the expected behaviour), it selects all air units and no other units

Comment

Does anyone else have problems with Uranium not being available even when it has a mine on it? It seems in my games I don't ever have access to it even though I have several tiles with it mined.

Comment

You must have Fission to take the Uranium
                              Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                              Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Originally posted by PolarHki
                                only due to your patch it becomes enjoyable to play BTS! What Firaxis delivered with 1.31 simply contains to many annoyances...
                                Speaking of which, does anyone know if Firaxis plans on releasing another patch with some/all of Bhruic's changes? I'm playing with the mod now, but for the sake of SGs and RB events, it would be nice to have an official patch.

Darrell

Comment

Working...
                                X