Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to Initialize Python

Hi

I installed the latest BTS patch, and I am receiving a "failed to intitialize python" error message when I try to launch the game. Anyone know what I can do about it?
    Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

I'd check the basics - make sure that you have the newest DirectX version, make sure things are installed to the right places, reboot your machine if you haven't ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It is a conflict between bts and warlords. There are many posts about it on Civ Fanatics and here too I think.

Comment

Once uninstalled Warlords I was able to load the game without incident. Thanks.

Although now when I am playing I get steaks of color all over the place. Don't know what's up with that, my machine and vid card meet the recommended specs for the game.

I'm inclined to just consider the whole thing a $30 mistake and move on to something else.
        Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

Comment

Make sure you have the latest DirectX from MS.

Comment

Working...
          X