Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement ! tcp/ip players needed

!!!!! UPDATED 19.08.2008 !!!!!

Yes, we are playing SMAC/SMAX games on TCP/IP every weekend!!
    And of course, YOU can join us.
    (for "IP League" Rules & Standings click here)

If you decide to join our 'League' please post your profile and the hours when you are available in this thread, or just send us a PM/email.
    We are using Hamachi to simulate a local network over the internet.
    You can download Hamachi software v.1.0.3.0: here. No need for the premium version! This one is all you need and it's FREE.
    You can see how it works here.
    You will receive the name of the Hamachi network and password on request. Here is how you can contact me.
    We are usually playing fridays, starting 9pm GMT. Use this link to see what's that is in your local timezone.

=========== =========== ===========
    FINISHED GAMES
    * GAME #1:
    Settings: SMAC 4.0 + xp patch / standard Poly rules / small map of Chiron no jungle / tech stagnation & no tech trade / no random events.
    WINNER: - ELDRAMATICO (Morganites) defeated: bdanv(Gaians), florin79c(PKs), qloos(Spartans), and sheriff salaud(Believers).

* GAME #2:
    started and finished October 26, Players: Eldramatico (University), bdanv (Data Angels), smacxveteran (Hive)
    Hercules (Drones) Settings: SMAX, standard rdm map, medium everithig, tech stag+no tech trade. CLOSED WITH NO WINNER
    =========== =========== ==========

GAMES IN PROGRESS

* IP GAME #3: to be continued PBEM
    started October 26, Players: Eldramnatico (Gaians) and bdanv (Drones). Florin79c (Peacekeepers) - SURRENDED
    Settings: SMAX, standard rdm map, abundant native, tech stag+no tech trade.

* IP GAME #4: to be continued PBEM between IP sessions - tracking thread here.
    started 16 of Nov. 11pm GMT. Players: Eldramatico(Cult of Planet), bDanv(Angels), SmacxVeteran(Cycons), Florin79c(PKs), Hercules(Drones).
    Settings: SMAX, large map, with medium everything. AIs already eliminated. tech stagnation & no tech trading between players.

* IP GAME #5: to be continued PBEM between IP sessions.
    started Nov, 30, 10pm GMT. Players: bdanv(Angels), SmacxVeteran (Cycons), Hercules(Morganites), Eldramatico (Spartans), Drones - AI, Cult of Planet - AI(eliminated), Hive - AI
    Settings: SMAX, large map, with medium everything. No tech trading between players, normal research rates.

* IP GAME #9 (started January,18 9pm GMT)
    First IP session: January,18 - 91 turns. Players: uselesses - PKs, bDanv - Data Angels, Andijvie - Gaians, Hercules - Hive, AI - Morganites, AI - Drones, AI - University. Settings: 40*80map, with medium everything. No tech trading between players. Status: to be continued using PBEM between IP sessions.

* LEAGUE GAME #1 - started March,29 - 5 players
    Scenario by Mart7x5 - for details see post #5 in this thread.

NEW GAMES
    New games starting almost every friday!
    Last edited by bdanv; October 3, 2008, 08:12.
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

in

MSN florin79c@hotmail.com
    Yahoo Mesenger florin79c

Comment

This is our proposal, but we are open for new ideas:
      the game will be a SMAX scenario. Thinker level. Tech stagnation. No tech trading allowed. This is the way we are usually paying so, it will be a long game and we get the chance to fight with all the weapons.

Comment

I'll look in my late afternoon to see if anyone is around. Sorry can't play earlier than that.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

we will wait for you if you are interested. so give us a sign as soon as you are available on yahoo mess (ID: florin79c / borcea_dan)
          Last edited by florin79c; October 6, 2007, 03:31.

Comment

You guys already start? Or can I get in on this too?
            I R creating account to play SMAC(X)

Comment

You guys already start? Or can I get in on this too?
              It is already finished. But nice to see that there is someone really interested in TCP/IP.

Hours Available: 1pm-1am PST, weekends proffered
              What is that in GMT hours?

Comment

8pm - 8am. I can flex that back a couple hours for ya. Just tell me what hours you're lookin for.

Edit: I also might be able to drag someone else into a multiplayer game. He's a bit green if you know what I mean.

Also, im a bit confused as to how PBEM plays out. If someone were to explain in detail how that system of multiplayer works I might be less timid about trying it out. I've already had about several short and one long IP game against a single human opponent.

Comment

8pm - 8am. I can flex that back a couple hours for ya. Just tell me what hours you're lookin for.
                  I edited the first post in the thread and Iwill keep it up to date. So which day of the weekend?

We (me and florin79) are GMT+2 so it will be starting from 10pm local time. We'll be needing some cofee to finish the game.

@florin: Are you in?

Edit: I also might be able to drag someone else into a multiplayer game. He's a bit green if you know what I mean.
                  That's VERY GOOD news.
                  Last edited by bdanv; October 10, 2007, 02:52.

Comment

That's VERY GOOD news.
                    He probably wont stay around longer than a game or two. I KNOW ill be available Saturday/Sunday nights and probably fridays. Im also available plenty of weekdays but its a coin toss as my job is rather. . . unpredictable.

I'm GMT -7 and this other guy who might be tagging along is GMT -4. . . I think.

my email is "the84722000 at hotmail.com" pass along the details of your next game(s)

Comment

He probably wont stay around longer than a game or two.
                      Or maybe he will like it. That's what happened to florin too.

Comment

I demand the glass be labeled "half empty."

Comment

Comment

hi Qloos. nice to see you. i will contact you on msn cose i have msn to and i think that will clear things up. Bdanv know my work time, so he will place the game just right.

Comment

Bdanv know my work time, so he will place the game just right.
                              So it will be the 12th (friday) or the 14th (sunday) at 8pm GMT to ajust with Florin's working hours, if it's ok with you qloos?

@Everyone: please read the first post for the updated situation. Still waiting for game preferences from you all...
                              Last edited by bdanv; October 10, 2007, 14:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X