Quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quests

I didn't find a separate thread for quests - found some discussion in the events threads. Please redirect if there is one.

Is there a list of the quests people have come across? So far I have only seen:

Colosseums-> Sports League
    Harbor Quest

Are quests related to your Leader Traits? I don't play SPI and have not seen the Holy Mountain.
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Hi There,

Here is a faq with all the quests/events and their outcomes:

Comment

Thank You much awckie.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

You're welcome!

I have to use this FAQ consistently in my games because intermittently during the game the Flyouts** (or whatever they are called) stop working for me so I don't know what the advantages I am gaining from each outcome...

It's quite annoying and I wonder if I am the only one with this problem?

**By flyouts I mean when you mouse over the selections and the blurb about what you are mousing over doesn't appear

Comment

I think the correct term is "tooltips". I lose those all the time; the way to bring them back is to mouse over your civ's flag on the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Thanks, I've added it to the bookmarks.

BTW: It also appears that many of the build X units quests that have a free promotion upon success which is likely that someone not knowing what it's going to be will already have it in all their units of that type. (Swords -> C.R.1, some sort of mounted unit -> Flanking 1, Overwhelm -> combat 1, etc.)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
              Thanks, I've added it to the bookmarks.

BTW: It also appears that many of the build X units quests that have a free promotion upon success which is likely that someone not knowing what it's going to be will already have it in all their units of that type. (Swords -> C.R.1, some sort of mounted unit -> Flanking 1, Overwhelm -> combat 1, etc.)
              I think if your units already have the promotion you should get to choose another one. Or at least a Combat promotion as the default.

Comment

I popped Metal Casting from a hut (so have it relatively early), then got the Master Blacksmith quest to build 7 forges (which was new for me).

I only had 3 cities at the time (now 4). Busy cranking out axemen with new & improved axe handles (free Shock promo) to invade the Sumerians, who are a bit too close. Unfortunately, it's going to take awhile to get enough axemen, as they've got protective archers. They only built a few vultures before I pillaged their copper & iron (one was stupid enough to venture forth from the city ), so the Shock promo isn't quite as useful as I'd hoped.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                X