Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a act of liberation
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

1) Before we started any burning, we evacuated the small number of bananas which had not been whipped to death.
      2) We only burned the jails, the military, the police, ... buildings in splitsville. These just happened to be the only buildings in the city.

So, not a single banana should have been burned.
      no sig

Comment

So Banana splits.

The end of the Yellow Brick road.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Re: Farewell from Team Banana

Originally posted by Nugog
          Team Banana is no longer able to play the game due to a lack of real estate.

Well played Alpha Centauri!

Good luck to everyone with the rest of the game!
          Lack of realestate, I really like that!

It's been fun playing, I have to say, while we had maybe the worst military in history, or comic clubs were packed to the wall every night!
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

sorry to hear that. a team with that name should be at the top . gone, but not forgotten.

Comment

Maybe some day...

Sarantium will taste the fruits of your lands.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

recap? I know the victors would not want to reveal their military state. But I'm curious how banana fell so fast. They went to war after our war started right? We're still hanging on.

So if anyone wants to write some good war stories, that'd be cool. I am curious about the total number of units involved, but I can understand that the victor would not want to reveal their military strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  But I'm curious how banana fell so fast.

Some info is coming..........

But in a nutshell (hmm should that be banana skin?) - AC outplayed us diplomatically as well as in game - We had almost no army when they declared war...........

We hung on as long as we could..........

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

they fought well until our modern armor finally arrived in bananapolis. after that morale quickly dropped in the banana army

if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                      they fought well until our modern armor finally arrived in bananapolis. after that morale quickly dropped in the banana army

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

And it was proclaimed,
                        By the Great Banana Himself,
                        And it came to fruition,
                        That the Bananas were overripe,
                        And fell to the Ground.

But when the Great Banana saw,
                        his people withering away,
                        He was merciful, and brought
                        them up to the Musa Tree
                        of Life, which towered above the clouds,
                        where they lived forever
                        in the one true Civilization,
                        while the unworthy rotted away
                        below.
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                          And it was proclaimed,
                          By the Great Banana Himself,
                          And it came to fruition,
                          That the Bananas were overripe,
                          And fell to the Ground.

But when the Great Banana saw,
                          his people withering away,
                          He was merciful, and brought
                          them up to the Musa Tree
                          of Life, which towered above the clouds,
                          where they lived forever
                          in the one true Civilization,
                          while the unworthy rotted away
                          below.

It is true!

Comment

*snap snap snap

Very cool!

Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

recap?
                              Long story short Bananas were caught off guard sitting like a duck with its pants down.
                              Last edited by binTravkin; October 9, 2007, 15:48.
                              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

...by a neighboring civ that was a friend and trade partner up until the moment of war. Malbonaj!

Just what is Canada doing north of that open border?

fixed a typo
                                Last edited by Daddy-O; October 10, 2007, 11:25.
                                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                                X