Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating civ causes a crash

Hi

I'm on version 303, when I try to update to a new version via the civ menu, my machine just hangs.

previously the update worked fine

Is there anywhere else I can get the patch?

thanks

The new patch hasn't been released yet. Does it tell you a patch is available?
    Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

it doesn't say anything, it just hangs.

is 303 the latest version?

Comment

Yes, 3.03 is the latest. However, a newer version is due to be released either on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by anteos
          it doesn't say anything, it just hangs.

is 303 the latest version?
          Do you have a firewall, like Norton or Mcafee, or something like that? Sometimes, the "automatic inclusion" on the exception list doesn't work, and you have to do it manually. I had a similar issue before.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I do have a firewall and it worked fine previously. I'd be kicked out of bts and then chose whether to allow access. I'll wait until the next patch is available and see what happens.

Comment

Do you have Norton Internet Security? I do and in order to update I have to turn Norton off.
              Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

I had the same thing happen with vanilla CivIV. I hit the update button in the Advanced menu and it locked up my computer. I had to hit the Reset button on my tower. The next day (after I had checked to make sure the 1.74 patch was online) it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                X