Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what IS Paradox working on these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what IS Paradox working on these days?

Im too lazy to check out the Paradox forums.

And we need more threads here.

So, what is it? A fantasy game? A sequel to Vickie or CK? An application of the Paradox formula to a different period?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Will be announced Oct 1st.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Hmmm...

I'd appreciate Vicky 2. Vicky 1 just doesn't have enough happening during it. It's supposed to be the least military-focused game, but Paradox failed at making the economical side of it interesting enough. It's great, the best I've seen, but not varied enough to keep one interested throughout the 100 years of the game.

But an ancient era game could also be nice. Maybe the Mediterranean from the appearance of the Greek city states until the fall of the Republic.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

They are supposed to be about to release a expansion to Crusader Kings called Deus Vult (or DV for short). Not that much information has been released though.

I'm keeping an eye open for that one. I really like the idea behind CK, but there where just to many flaws and imperfections.

As far as I can tell they are about to make serious modifications: Religious wars have been reworked, so I hope Scandinavia woun't end up a dominion for sunni muslims all the time; character stats are no longer predetermined, making the breeding courts obsolute; a ledger has been included as in most other paradox games, finally, now you can find the idiot irish count that just happens to have the title duke of whatever; now your nobles makes friends and enemies, pehaps bringing more dynamics to the courts and politics.

Comment

Well. As soon as the counter on the Paradox site reached zero, both it and the Paradox forums went dead. Meh.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

CKV and EU:Rome. I am sooooo looking forward to Rome!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You mean R:TW2?
              A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

No. EU:Rome is far from a R:TW game.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Is that based on comparing EU2 versus RTW or some other reason? Have you looked at the screenshots? The game looks like RTW with automated battles
                  A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

That is based on me knowing the series very well, having played all PI games since 2001, and actually reading about the game and all the comments and info from the devs and not base my assumptions on alpha screens.

Comment

Having both RTW and EU2 and their succesors and seeing how little they have changed, and how similar EU2 and RTWs campaign map mode worked-and EU3 and RTW are even closer imo, id have to disagree. Besides, most of that dev info is hype. I didnt see any features of interest.

Yes there are some big differences, but im a little upset at how little improved EU3 was still. Is this just a tiny xpack to EU3?

I would love to have a good new game but its been so long since ive seen a game live up to hype im not expecting any better than the usual so-so. I dont see any reason to, either.

Comment

Seriously, the EU games work nothing like the TW games. The TW games is a very dumbed down strategic game and an awesome battle simulator. The EU games is an awesome complex and involving strategic game and with very dumbed down and simple warfare. They are nothing alike. EU3 was totally different to EU2 in some respects btw, I can't understand how you can see it as little improved. I would recommend you to try out the Magna Mundi mod btw, makes the game 100x better!

Rome is not an XP to EU3 btw, it's two different games alltogether.

Comment

EU3 is practically the same game as EU. The same fixed provinces style and all. Just like, for example civ franchise, years go by, the machines get tons better and the games mechanics barely improve. When are we ever going to get a EU that uses a better map system?

Your looking at bugfixes and feature additions and seeing improvement. Im seeing patches on the same old tire.

Rome is not an XP to EU3 btw, it's two different games alltogether.
                          So it does not use the same engine and different info?

But what am i *****ing about? Everyone likes adding on 3d graphics to a game and calling it an improvement, i guess

Comment

EU2 was a huuuge improvement of EU1. If you think otherwise I'd recommend you to replay them.

EU2 had historical deterministic events.
                            EU3 has contextual events.

Already there a big difference is seen.

Anyway:
                            Rome will use same engine, but that's not a bad thing. EU1, EU2, Victoria, CK, HoI, HoI2 all had the same engine. They still were very different.

Rome will borrow some concepts from CK, which is a totally different game from the EU games. It will also borrow some elements from Vicky, like a POP system of some kind.

btw, just found this interview, will read it now and hopefully it'll explain some of our questions: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...tag=newlyadded;title;1

Comment

Originally posted by Slade Wilson

So it does not use the same engine and different info?

Victoria and HOI used the EU engine, but were far more than just different info, entirely new mechanics were added.

Techies invited to clarify, but two games having the same engine doesnt mean the mechanics of the game are identical.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X