• Show
Clear All

• File uploading problem

Im trying to upload 2.3 Mb zip file.
    After information transfer, apolyton server just drops message:

Couldn't Copy File To Server
    Try again

Hi Skeelton.

If you were trying to upload a 2.3MB zip file to our server as a post attachment, it would fail as the filesize limit is 500KB. Based on your wording though, you were trying to transfer it using our Upload service -- is that correct?

If so, try uploading the file again... or otherwise try again using said service. If the problem persists, follow-up here with as detailed a report on e.g. what error message(s) you received including screenshot(s).
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Yes, Im trying to transfer it using Upload Service
      Attached Files

Comment

Error Message
        Attached Files

Comment

Any news, comments?

Comment

I'm rather busy this week. It's probably some configuration error with the move to the new server. I'll have a look at it this weekend.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

As a means of comparison and towards further documentation, Skeelton, try:

- uploading a file other than a ZIP
              - uploading a file from C:\ (where I'm assuming that E:\ is either a partitioned drive, (USB) external drive, USB key or otherwise and not your (primary) internal HD)
              - removing the quotation marks from the beginning and/or end of the upload filename field
              - uploading a file within a different browser (and, speaking of which, what browser(s) is/are you using?)
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'm unable to replicate the problem. Please try renaming the file to something simple like abc.zip and then uploading it, there might be characters in the name the upload script doesn't like. If that fails, try uploading something else, does this happen with all files or just this specific one?
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Doh! The thread creator made a fubar when putting in his username
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Apparently problem is file length.
                    I successfully uploaded separate 378kb, 641kb, 650kb zip files, but 2.3Mb file upload fails no matter what browser (tested with Opera 9.10 , IE 7, Firefox) or file name/drive or extension is.

Note: upload service does not accept .CivBeyondSwordSave files yet. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeelton
                      I successfully uploaded separate 378kb, 641kb, 650kb zip files, but 2.3Mb file upload fails no matter what browser (tested with Opera 9.10 , IE 7, Firefox) or file name/drive or extension is.
                      That is what I suspect. The apache configuration looks right at first glance. What is the speed of your uplink?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeelton
                        Ah, that does appear to be the problem. No idea why though, it's the actual upload that fails so it might be a time-out issue or something. I don't have an easy fix for this, we'll have to look into it.

Note: upload service does not accept .CivBeyondSwordSave files yet. Why?
                        Because no one pointed that out before Now it does.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Ah, that does appear to be the problem. No idea why though, it's the actual upload that fails so it might be a time-out issue or something. I don't have an easy fix for this, we'll have to look into it.
                          Looks like file itself are uploaded successfully (100% size or close to it), and some subsequent server-side check fails.
                          Upload speed is 200+ kb/s

Comment

This issue has now been fixed. It was a misconfiguration that came with the upgrade of our back-end software with the move to Settler IV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                              This issue has now been fixed. It was a misconfiguration that came with the upgrade of our back-end software with the move to Settler IV.
                              Thanks, Viktor.

Comment

Working...
                              X