Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go ride the SLUT, b**ch!!

New Seattle mass transit has unfortunate acronym

Seattle, Washington has a new transit system and some residents are calling it by a rather unfortunate acronym.
    Advertisement

Officially, it's called the "Seattle Streetcar" but many people say it was originally named the South Lake Union Trolley.

For the first time, we see the streetcar of Paul Allen's desire.

A $50 million rail system connecting south Lake Union to downtown Seattle.

But what to call it?

Folks working in the trolley car's neighborhood have come up with a name on their own:
    S.L.U.T: South Lake Union Trolley.

Kapow Coffee has even started selling commemorative t-shirts.

Workers here point to newspaper ariticles that show "Trolley" was they original name for the system but that changed to "Streetcar" when somebody discovered the unfortunate acronym.

Developers call that an urban legend.

Regardless the name has stuck, like a bad reputation.

Don Clifton of Kapow! Coffee says "well, we just wanted to get behind the slut and show our support.

For the record, the rail line is officially called the "Seattle Streetcar."

Mayor Greg Nickels brushing off criticism, saying "people can call it whatever they want as long as they ride it."

And who could resist a sexy new ride like this.

Eric Wilkinson, KING-TV, Seattle, Washington

That's a for**** looking train. What skanks.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"Seattle Streetcar."
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Terribly written article, I think it should have had more puns on SLUT and less explanation of the actual name.

Comment

Yeah, that's a fresh approach.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

With better pics
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Paul Allen of Microsoft? Why did he "desire" this train? Can't he afford a car or a car brand?

Comment

He could afford a small country, probably.

Comment

Why would one wish to ride a car if one can ride a SLUT?
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'd ride the SLUT everyday.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                        Why would one wish to ride a car if one can ride a SLUT?
                        You do have a point

Comment

Mayor Greg Nickels brushing off criticism, saying "people can call it whatever they want as long as they ride it."
                          One wonders if this was an intentional pun...surely he can't be allowed to make such statements. It's unmayorly!
                          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            Paul Allen of Microsoft? Why did he "desire" this train? Can't he afford a car or a car brand?
                            To make money of course. He owns a lot of real estate in south lake union and he's heavily invested in this train. He got a lot of govt money for it btw.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                            X