Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup

Dang, Germany crushed Argentina 11-0.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

India beat Sri Lanka 20-0 in teh (hockey) Asian Cup

Also beat Asian champions South Korea 2-1 in teh group stages, Bangladesh 6-0, Japan 4-1, China 1-0, and South Korea again in teh final, 7-2
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Argentina beat Brazil (certainly a good team) last year as well.

I suspect Argentina have a really bad and probably small GK, like most womens teams I've seen.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Did see parts of the Ger-Arg game, and it was not at all just because of the south american goalie. Germany was just much, much better everywhere.

Comment

Dammit, a storm knocked my power out last night, so couldn't watch or record the US-NK game. 2-2. From the reports I read, it was an exciting game.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Yesterday Denmark lost 2-3 to China in a well-played match. After the match, the danish staff was furious and refused flat-out to shake hands with the Chines staff (actually a swedish coach and her likewise swedish co-coach).

What had angered the danes was the fact that the danish tactics talk prior to the match had been video-taped by 2 chinese individuals hidden behind mirrors.

These are the facts of the matter:

1) On the day of the match, the danes were training on a pitch with grass similar to that of the match pitch. Suddenly the sprinklers started, and apparently could not be turned off. The danes were then forced to train on an artificial pitch, very different from the match pitch.

2) All teams are allowed to close off their last training from the press and the public. In spite of that, chinese individuals were clearly seen video-taping the danish training session.

3) The final tactics meeting of the danes, where the danes discovered 2 chinese individuals hidden behind mirrors, video-taping the meeting. FIFA officials were summoned, and they witnessed the 2 individuals being turned over to the police.

4) Denmark lost the match 2-3

5) FIFA have today stated that they will NOT be launching an investigation into the matter

Sucking up to the hosts, anyone???

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

If thats true China should be gone - as a total failure to be good hosts.

I can't wait for the Olympics.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

If in fact true, Spy-gate in the NFL pales in comparison to it.
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

I didn't know spies could be stumbled upon while operating in their own country!

Still, it appears the Danes should expend a spy in a counter-espionage mission.

Seriously, that's really lame on China's part.

Comment

Apparently the decision to not launch an investigation has been coordinated with the danish delegation.

The only thing I can come up with is this:

Either the matter has been closed for lack of ties between the chinese hosts and the 2 individuals, or the danes have been offered some kind of undisclosed compensation (which would suck even more, to be honest).

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

With a 1-0 win over Nigeria in the pouring rain, and Sweden's 2-1 win over NK, the US wins the group and advances to the quarters to face England.

With the game so close the coach didn't sub Wambach out, and she took some whacks while trying to hold the ball in the corner at the end of the game.

NK didn't lose by 3, so advances to face Germany.

Comment

I reckon we'll lose comfortably tomorrow, put in a good effort etc, but we just lack that class.

Ian Holloway agrees with me about the keepers though:

It's been fantastic - the keepers need to sort their lives out though, don't they? "Keeper's...oh my God, it's in!"

They keep shooting from 30 yards out and at first I thought, what are they doing? And then about four of the shots went in and I thought, aye aye I get it now.
                        BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Well done USA.

Always the expected outcome, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X