Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Canada
    Leader: John A. Macdonald (Expansive, Financial)
    UU: Mounties (Cavalry) - +Woodsman I, II; +1 First Strike
    UB: Outpost (Barracks) - +1 happiness, +1 health

That's ridiculous.
    Agreed, especially the UB. What does an Outpost have to do with health and happiness and why would there be an outpost in a Canadian city? That's the kind of thing you'd find in the bush. Hence the term "out". Though MacDonald's not a bad choice for a leader. Either him or Trudeau.

Frankly I don't understand what Canada would even be doing in a Civ game. We're just a minor nation with not even enough cultural distinction to be considered an actual civ. We don't even have a unique language, unles you consider the native tongues. Why not use something like the Iroquois or the Haida, if you're looking for something to fill up the north on a world map?

Comment

I will raise your issues with cybrxkhan.
      Join Civilzationcenter, the home of Age of Ancients
      Now got chat, Demogame, GotM & multiplayer.
      civilzationcenter.com/forums

Comment

The team have released further information on the mod, which can be summed up as follows:

- A new sea unit will be introduced. All that is known is that it is an ancient sea unit, and its introduction will attempt to make ancient naval combat more interesting
        - The leaderhead for Harun al-Rashid has a turban that looks like its going to eat his head
        - New diplomacy WILL be added for almost every single leader which previously did not have any, as well as every leader that will be added; Common Sensei from CFC forums is credited to having done a small amount of them
        - The Roman UU is now known as the "Legionary" unit
        - The Mongol UU, the Keshik, now replaces the Knight and not the Horse Archer; it is assumed that the same bonuses will be given to it
        - The Hulegu LH looks, according to the team leader, Cybrxkhan, "what Genghis SHOULD have looked like"

Comment

Phase 2 is about complete and the Alpha is due out at christmas.

Comment

Please, please, let that hero thing be optional.

And as far as Swahili you could've done better with Ghana or Songhai empires, Swahili is just a culture. I also don't know what the Viets or Thais did to deserve a place in game... there are many better selections that come to mind (Sassids, fe). And stage? noodle house? come on, now you're just grasping at straws.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

All features will be optional.

Comment

I also have to ask: I have a good idea what seafaring and agarian traits would be like, but what is Progressive (Thai)?

EDIT: nm, I glossed over the "unofficial" part.
                Last edited by Theben; November 15, 2007, 19:54.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Sorry if progress has been slow. Apparently, the abscence of our group advisor (but not leader) Gaius Octavius (now returned), as well as the fact that my computer was infected with a whole bunch of viruses and still now is kinda funny (but much better), has hindered us. However, I'll post one little screenshot here...

This is the draft art for the Narmer LH. Can any of you guess what its based on?

Later, he'll look more like this, the original Civ4 concept art for the leader that was never included, Narmer/Menes...

Comment

Main page updated, leaderheads coming up.

Comment

Comment

More coming soon, Alpha is coming out in a few weeks to a month or 2, beta not for a long time.

Comment

Good content...Keep it up.

Comment

I support the above statement

I support the above statement, like this one.

Comment

other people in the team have already started work on it unfortunatly.
                              animated funny picturesfunny pranks
                              funny cats

Comment

It's kind of disappointing how the only really supported civs are either European or Native American. But good job. For ultimate realism and historical accuracy in place of "gamer" acceptable, there should be more than one UB and UU per civ. Some civs can have just one of each, some should have as many as legitimately were unique to them alone.

Gaul
                                Leader: Vercingtorix (not Celts, but Gaul!) (protective, Agrarian)
                                UU: Gaellic Swordsmen(wolf-pelt wearing 2-sided axe wielders - Axemen, first strike) Blue Witches (naked women painted all in blue, replaces swordsmen - starts with first strike or flanking / or if one can, they randomly generate in place of swordsmen 25-30% of the time), Suebi (wolf-pelt wearing berserkers, replaces macemen, first strike)
                                UB: Chief's Hall or Chieftain's Council (-25% anger, 1 more trade route)

Rozvi:
                                Leader: Changmaire Dombo
                                UB: Zimba (castle replacement, adds 2-3 culture, higher defense than normal castle, increased trade) / Walls (should look like their made of marble or have eagles on them, walls add culture +1)
                                UU: Rozwi (maceman replacement, starts with Flanking and hill bonus), Archers automatically get hill bonus

Illyria
                                Leader: Agron (Protective, Financial), Teuta (Expansive, Aggressive)
                                UU: Illyrian ships (In place of trireme, +1 more movement, starts with Combat and Flank), Cavi Fleet (replace Galley, all bonuses as regular Trireme)
                                UB: Acropolis (+5% defense, +1 happy, +1 science, +2% gold - replace courthouse)

Benin
                                Leader: Ewuare (Aggressive, Charismatic)
                                UU: Elephant Woman AKA Dahomey Amazon (6ft+ tall women wielding huge muskets), Yoruba Knights (replace knight) - starts with 2nd flanking promotion.
                                UB: Urkopta (in place of court room), Slave Market (Mali smith graphic) (in place of Customs building) (should turn defeated enemies automatically into slaves or defeated enemies should give 2-5 gold per victory on same continent)

Zande (WHY has this not been in civ. They were the cause of the cartoons about Africans with filed sharp teeth, bones through the nose, and man hunting. They were the Huns/Goths of Africa. They caused Benin and Arab slave traders to not go near the Congo region and scared the Congo from going north)
                                Leader: ? (Aggressive, Agrarian)
                                UU: Nyam-Nyam (replace swordsman, first strike and march), Corpse Catapult (it didnt really damage as much as it caused shock, horror and sickness - not sure what would be best stats for this, esp since they used it as a nearby tree.)
                                UB: Zande Oracle (replaces courthouse, -5-10% anger)

-And just because paleoanthropology is so fun-

Neanderthal
                                (to be accurate, use neandertal graphics or stone thrower graphics from C2C, red and blonde hair, very white skin)
                                Leader: Pick a name, something Runic (Agrarian, Charismatic)
                                [since modern data shows the genes for reddish blonde hair, blonde hair, and blue or green eyes came from neandertal, genes show they interbred with modern humans till there were no more 100 percemt neandertals left]
                                UU: Cave Bear Men (in place of spearmen or axemen, bonuses on hills or in forests)
                                UB: Cave Bear Magic tomb (in place of either granary or smith, adds exp and culture and food storage)

Cro-Magnons
                                Leader: Something french sounding,*(not to sound mean but being honest, make him look like Adrien Brody with maybe a mohawk and a beard)
                                Charismatic, Expansive
                                UU: Cave Lion Warriors (replace axemen - men adorned in striped lion pelts with spears / start with guerilla and 2 movement)
                                UB: Cave Temple (replaces courthouse - major culture bonus, trade bonus, detracts from anger), Venus of Villandorf (replaces monument)

Idaltu Man
                                (the first humans - use Aborigine mods as base, or Ethiopians)
                                Leader: Afar (Progressive, Spiritual)
                                UU: Hunters (replaces worker, like fast worker of India, but looks like Nulla Nulla aborigine mod without weapon, can defend)
                                Obsidian Spears (spearmen with anti-melee bonus and/or medic) no guerilla since they excelled in tropics and plains
                                UB: Mortuary (in place of monument) - 1 or 0.5 culture, or none. 2-3 defense bonus.

Rhodesian Man:
                                (pretty much just African neandertals)
                                Leader: Kabwe (Agrarian, Protective)
                                UU: Broken Hill Men (warrior replacement, hill bonus and against animals)
                                UB: Honey Baskets (granary holds more food, but causes 1 sickness)

Nephilim (?)
                                (Neadnerthal graphics with Persian skin tones, reddish blonde hair)
                                Leader: Anak (Agrarian, Aggressive), Agra (Progessive, Aggressive)
                                UU: Nephilim Spear (starts with combat and anti-melee), Nephilim (replaces warrior, starts with anti-melee)
                                UB: Cohabitation hut (replaces Barracks = +1 food, +1, +1 science)
                                Last edited by Thrillo; December 4, 2014, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X