X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: Preseason

It's on again.

They have some new features. Among them, you can register a URL and keep track of successive seasons for the league.

I suggest we take the AHL, or Apolyton Hockey League.

Other new things can be seen here.

I'll send out invites to everyone from last year and the 3 inactive managers from the previous season. Give them a few days to speak up and then we can send out other invites.

Topics for discussion include...

Commissioner

Rules

This year's stats categories and roster sizes. We used 2C, 2L, 2R, 2D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR last year with G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, W, SV%, SHO.

Draft

Thoughts?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

PMs and emails sent.

A lot of people block email from Poly.

Asher's PM box is full and he does not accept email through Poly. If anyone knows where to find him, feel free to let him know we are getting set up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It would be good to have Asher in the league, but I don't see it happening.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

He has sent me a PM and said he's been in touch with kontiki.

I wouldn't be surprised.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

great
          Golfing since 67

Comment

Asher did send me a PM and said he'd be happy to participate, but that we'd need to email him when his turn came up in the draft. He even took a little poke at himself and said we wouldn't have to deal with him in the forums.

He also invited us to participate in a Yahoo points league he's hosting through his blog.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I haven't given any thought to the roster or stats, but on the commissioner duties I could do them again or am happy to pass the torch to someone else.
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Well, like I said in the other forum, I'm interested. The roster and stats from last year are fine
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

People who were not in before should feel free to speak up to get a spot. It seems like we'll have a few.

Managers so far:
                  Tingkai
                  Asher
                  Kontiki
                  mrboo123
                  notyoueither
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Maybe we should send invites to some of the other canucks, especially Flubber and Richelieu (sp?).

Comment

Yep. It's about that time.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

I'd like to be in again as I enjoyed this last year (well most of it anyway ) but I am going to be busy quite a bit until November.

Please keep me on the list however, as it doesn't take too much time weekly to set rosters once a week, so I should be able to do that until November I think. (and then catch up after that) So the only really difficult part will be keeping up with the draft, but last year went very well, so I hope that isn't an issue either.

But if adding me means that the final list has one too many, I am happy to be the one to sit out this year.

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'd rather use a team of scrubs to round out the league than tell someone they have to sit out, especially people who stick with it and enjoy the game.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

In
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

What's the timing on this thing? I'm going away for two weeks starting tomorrow evening and won't have any internet access. I know we won't get the draft going that soon, but I don't want to miss registering a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X