Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for 3.03? Do I need any additional patches/mods?

Comment

These would be my "rulings":

Cities: You may NOT direct a unit to attack or move into a city founded by another player. Otherwise anything goes.

Solver's Patch: You MAY use it. Mention that you're using it. It's really a lot like using a different difficulty level.

Comment

Is this for 3.03? Do I need any additional patches/mods?
        You do not need any additional mods to play.
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

What about barbarian cities? Can we at least raze them? Otherwise things could get really awkward.

Edit: I just noted Blake's ruling saying you can't attack a city owned "by another player". Should I assume that this means that barbs are fair game? Is it OK to keep a barb city, or should we only raze them?
          Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I would think that if barb cities formed near you while your were still founding cities, you are founding cities way too slow considering the creative traight.

And if the barb cities are on the far side of an AIs civ empire, it would definately not be in the spirit to capture that city.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The barb city in question is just outside my borders at the moment, and in the middle of an area I'll likely expand into.

Don't read this spoiler if you are planning on playing, but haven't gotten past your initial exploration yet:
              Spoiler:
              There is a very large are in the middle of this map to expand into, , bigger than I've usually seen. I think ZargonX's intention was to give the player plenty of room to expand, but it also gives the barbs room.

I first noticed the barb city in 725BC, maybe I should have grabbed all available land by then, but if I had, I'd have no military to speak of. Given the pack of wolves running the AI civs, I don't think I'd survive much longer. Money hasn't been my problem so far, it's been fear of my neighbors.
              Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Barbs are fair game.

Comment

I patched to Solver's patch, but then I patched to 3.03... did I un-do the good of Solver's patch in the process?

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't think that 3.03 replaces the dll, so not as far as I know.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks.
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

something weird here... i unzipped the savefile, but Civ cant see it. it is a regular load right?
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

it seems that the filename wasnt properly set, it was xxxx.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

while normally they're named xxx.CivBeyondSwordSave

without the WB between Sword and Save. i changed this, but then I get the message that the save is the wrong version. what's going on?

Comment

sorry. ignore that. I stfu'ed and read the faq....

Comment

Just started. I haven't played that much BTS, and saw the "ass kicked" thread, so I'm playing at noble.

I've also started the League game, so I don;t know how long these'll take me.

Great job getting this going!!

-T
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

SON OF BEETCH!!!!!

I'm reaching the end-game, and BTS is crashing.

(and I'm just starting my SEVENTH GA!!!!)
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X