Sime CivIII Conquest Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sime CivIII Conquest Issues

Technical shortcomings prevent me from going to Civ IV right now, but I have some questions/gripes about Civ III Conquest. I have the latest patches installed and just wondering if I misread something or if I'm doing something wrong.
    First of all, Battlefield Medicine. Is this a joke? I have units laguishing in enemy terrory staying yellow or worse, red. How long is it supposed to take units to heal. Did I waste my time with this small (and I do mean small) wonder?
    Second, I have 71% of the population and am still playing, even though domination is one of the win requirements. Land-wise, I'm at around 63%, I think. Is domination based only on land? And I find myself wondering if I even checked that option. I must have, since it is showing up on the status screen.
    Lastly, how on earth can a spearman survive a stealth bomber attack? (I know, random dice rolls, just like D&D)
    Poised for conflict at Ground Zero, ready for a war!
    Many nordic Fighting men, their swords and shields all gleam in the sun.
    Attention: All planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control.
    http://saveamerica21.tripod.com

Domination is based on both population and land. The default setting for them is 66%, IIRC. You must have both to trigger the victory.

I don't know how much Battlefield Medicine is supposed to speed up healing, as I rarely build it. IIUC, without BM, units (except armies) in enemy territory do not heal at all.

As to spearmen vs. stealth bombers, well, I never build stealth bombers, so I'm presuming that they have lethal land bombard, just like bombers. Otherwise, you called it, the RNG. I'm also unaware of the Rate of Fire for stealth bombers, but that may limit the number of HP that can be removed from the spear in any one attack.

Comment

BM does the same rate of healing as you would get in open field. It is seldom of much value in C3C as you will have few units healing in enemy lands as rule.

Stealth bombers have lethal bombardment, but bombers do not do well Vs units on mountains. Note if the unit has full health, it will take two hits to kill most of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X