GalCiv II: Twilight of the Arnor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GalCiv II: Twilight of the Arnor!

I know many were asking about another expansion, well here is the official announcement!

Stardock is pleased to announce the second expansion pack to its award-winning PC strategy game Galactic Civilizations II. The new expansion pack, entitled Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor, takes place shortly after the events of Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar and puts the player in control of one of 12 unique civilizations ranging from the humans to the evil Drengin to the mysterious Thalan.
    Galactic Civilizations II: Twlight of the Arnor

GameSpot interview
    http://www.galciv2.com/

And this from GalCiv2.com:

The galaxy is being consumed by the fires of war as we enter the final act of the Dread Lord saga. Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor is the second expansion pack to the award-winning PC strategy game, Galactic Civilizations II.

With a November 2007 release date, Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor expands the gameplay of Galactic Civilizations in all new ways. Below is a partial list of some of the new features in the new expansion pack.

New campaign detailing the final chapter in the Dread Lord wars

The star destroying new unit, the Terror Star arrives

Unique technology trees for all 12 civilizations

Unique planetary improvements for each civilization

New 3D engine powered map editor

New Scenario Editor for creating highly detailed custom games

New Campaign Editor for players who want to create their own custom epic campaigns for themselves or to share with others

New Metaverse Tournaments: Specific Map & Scenarios recorded to the Metaverse with prizes for top players

New Ship Component: Atlas. Makes ships in a fleet more lethal

New Ship Component: Fortitude. Gives ships in a fleet have more hit points

New Ship Component: Driver. Makes ships in a fleet move faster

Unique weapons per civilization

Updated Planetary Invasions

New Enhanced textures and graphics for planets and ships

New Galaxy Size: Immense (vastly bigger than current galaxy sizes)

Extra alien portraits and logos

Legacy of the Telenanth: Detailed back story of Galactic Civilizations
    Drooool
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Just got my preorder email! $24.95 if preordered. $29.95 if not.

A well priced expansion given the amount of additions if I do say so.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Indeed. I payed with three tokens from my totalgaming.net account, and I am looking very much forward to this expansion
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

If Brad gives me a gift certificate, I could promise a timely, objective and in-depth review.

Hint hint
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I enjoyed reading the reviews on Galciv2 Solver.Ponited out all the pros and cons in a way that might have helped in the many updates to the game.Now on 1.7beta.
            Not a big fan of the game but loved the details of the battles and conquest of civilizations you made.
            I get a sense from the reviews that the AI has some weak ponits in battle tactics and the games diplomacy needs some tweaking.But all the patch work and this add on coming soon ,it must have a polished AI.

Comment

Here is a LINK to Twilight of the Armor story over at Stardock

Check it out, some dates of the various BETA Releases are shown as well.

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

BRAD WARDELL interview, looks good, plenty of improvements to be had in the tech tree shortcomings from previous versions!

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  BRAD WARDELL interview, looks good, plenty of improvements to be had in the tech tree shortcomings from previous versions!

Gramps
                  News item?
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

News item?
                    Yes in deedy

Check it out HERE or even THERE

Thanks

Comment

Tentative beta schedule has been published.

So for the beta, to reward the users who are pre-ordering the beta (and hence funding this project) we are doing something special: The betas will introduce the unique technology trees in small groups so that players can really see the impact of them and have a chance at being introduced to them and be able to make suggestions on how they can be tweaked.
                      http://forums.galciv2.com/?aid=164386

Comment

Status update posted. Beta should be along on Tuesday.

Galactic Civilizations II - You are the leader of the human civilization in deep space and compete against unknown races to colonize planets while attempting to dominate and survive.

Comment

Twilight of the Arnor Beta 1 is now available to users who preordered.

More information on this release can be found here:

http://forums.galciv2.com/?forumid=164&aid=166411

Comment

What if I pre-order, say.. tomorrow? Can I still get into the beta?

Comment

Working...
                            X