No announcement yet.

Napoleon's Ambition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The immigration thingie is not easy in my experience either. Liberal party in power and social reforms are the most important though. And you must have no debt IIRC. As for the technologies, the answer is easy: Some techs can't be researched before a certain date.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

That explains it. I must've researched very well, because it's been 10 years and still no new techs to research. Got me a nice big pile of research points.

Btw, I read on a number of guides that you can promote POPs to capitalists, but I don't have that option in the usual promotion screen. What gives?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Capitalists can only be promoted from clerks. With the right resources of course. You need some money, but it's mostly worth it.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Aha. If I had only known it sooner.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I'm starting to develop an unhealthy hatred of Democracy. How the hell can I quickly switch parties to get a few month of State Capitalism? The damned capitalists are great at building railroads, but they really suck with factories.

Comment

Cursed French.

So I invaded the Netherlands, triggering a war with France which guaranteed their independence. The Netherlands were swept away easily, quickly concluding peace for 4 provinces.

Now France... I took ~30 of their provinces in Sub Saharan Africa, and my forces are continuing in the conquest of the remaining 5.

I took about 10 provinces in Mediterranean Africa. And yet, with ~40% victory, they refuse to make a 15% peace.

The French were stupid enough to send their French divisions to Africa, and they are slowly pushing back my native ones. Very slowly.

I used the opportunity and landed 15 badass divisions in Dunkirk, taking about 5 heartland French provinces, including Paris. Except two beaten French divisions, nothing stands between me and the rest of France.

So I have a 65% victory, I hold the capital, I can take over the entire homeland, and the frogs refuse to make an 11% peace! All I want is a few colonies!

I guess I'm just going to load up 5 more divisions to take France itself faster, and another 5 to sweep the remains of Africa while my native forces are holding the line. Grrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                I'm starting to develop an unhealthy hatred of Democracy. How the hell can I quickly switch parties to get a few month of State Capitalism? The damned capitalists are great at building railroads, but they really suck with factories.
                Not fool-proof, but if you keep a low stock of the commodities you want to manufacture yourself, the capitalists are more likely to build the factories neccessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  Cursed French.

So I invaded the Netherlands, triggering a war with France which guaranteed their independence. The Netherlands were swept away easily, quickly concluding peace for 4 provinces.

Now France... I took ~30 of their provinces in Sub Saharan Africa, and my forces are continuing in the conquest of the remaining 5.

I took about 10 provinces in Mediterranean Africa. And yet, with ~40% victory, they refuse to make a 15% peace.

The French were stupid enough to send their French divisions to Africa, and they are slowly pushing back my native ones. Very slowly.

I used the opportunity and landed 15 badass divisions in Dunkirk, taking about 5 heartland French provinces, including Paris. Except two beaten French divisions, nothing stands between me and the rest of France.

So I have a 65% victory, I hold the capital, I can take over the entire homeland, and the frogs refuse to make an 11% peace! All I want is a few colonies!

I guess I'm just going to load up 5 more divisions to take France itself faster, and another 5 to sweep the remains of Africa while my native forces are holding the line. Grrr.
                  The AI is pretty stubborn some times. When such things as this happens, I use "neville" in the console just for that specific peace. Only occation I use cheats.

Comment

I edit the game files to kill the badboy, in all Paradox games. I just find it stupid.

In EU2, you can't conquer a single continent without the badboy completely killing your stability costs.

Comment

Yeah, 'cause all those who tried to conquer all of Europe didn't get into BB wars IRL.

Comment

BB wars work only at the highest difficulty, while I played at a lower level. So all I got is ridiculous stability costs, which is not realistic for a militaristic Empire bent on world conquest.

Comment

So...

I, Sweden, controlling Sweden, Norway, Finland which I slowly bought from the Russians, Denmark, most of today's northern Germany and about 50% of Africa, entered a war against Germany and it's ally, NGF, together with my good friend and ally, Russia.

I was #3 in score. Third in Prestige, 4th in military power and 3rd in Industry.

My 50 veteran divisions, with all kinds of brigades attached to them, led by strong leaders, easily wiped out the German and NGF armies. The peace agreements left a 3 province NGF and a Germany split into three parts, with me getting provinces all the way to the Russian border.

The Industry I took from the Germans pushed me into #1 in Industry and #1 overall. It was a great day.

3 months later, the alliance with Russia expired. A few more weeks and Russia declares war.

Well, excellent. I'm #1 overall. I have 50 excellent divisions ready to fight at a moment's notice, and much more could be built from my huge manpower pool. The plan was to hold the line in Scandinavia, sacrificing Finland, while slowly conquering European Russia.

Let's just say that the Wehrmacht had it easy... Expecting an easy victory, I made a few tactical blunders in the early battles. Two months into the war, I lost Finland, as expected, offering no resistance, but in mainland Europe my 50 veteran divisions, who were supposed to take St. Petersburg, were buried in the fields of Poland.

The Russians, being smarter than I thought, bypassed my formidable defenses between Finland and Sweden, coming from the sea. Outnumbered 5 to 1, I kept my armies in the forts and lost my homeland.

By my count, I destroyed 143 Russian divisions, give or take a few. They started and ended the war with 250 divisions. Nuts.

Anyway, in the peace I lost all my newly conquered German lands and Finland.

There are 23 years left in the game though. Time to get the reactionaries elected - I need a 300 divisions army within 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X