Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it is healthy to be paranoid

Hey

so starting a couple of months ago, I would occasionally get orange/yellow spots (most commonly on my wrist) when swetting hard.

This started happening a bit before I went on my current medication (an Ace inhibitor).

I wasn't too worried about it, for some reason, but I was thinking about it today (I saw 4 of them while working out, 1 on my wrist, 2 farther up my arm, and one near my knee). They come when I start sweating hard, and go 200ish minutes after I quit working out.

Is it something I should be concerned about?

I guess my biggest worry would be kidneys, maybe? I stopped drinking (for the most part) months ago, and I had a pretty good blood test ~1 year ago and everything came up fine (my cholesteral had been a bit high, which is why my doctor was checking it, but when I fixed my diet up a bit (less cheese) and started exercising moderately/heavily it dropped right down), so my doctor quit checking it.

JM
    Last edited by Jon Miller; August 21, 2007, 01:47.
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sound like you might have colesterol/circulation problems starting up. Watch out what they give you, go to the library and read up on things like statins and blockers. Authors that are alternative types, not the people that profit from the stuff.

Here's a natural regemen. You'll need to adjust to your own needs.

Daily...

Red yeast rice 600 mg...for the colesterol. About $8 a bottle at walmart.

Fish oil 2000 mg... reduce triglicerides
    Flax seed oil 2000 mg " "

Niacin 1000mg ...circulation
    Zinc...50 mg "
    Magnesium 250 mg "

Vit C...2000 mg
    Good generic multi
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You think it is cholesteral problems again? They went away a year ago.

Of course, he hasn't really checked to see if they are back...

I did start eating eggs again, and dairy, I can stop. I eat just a bit of yogurt, cottage cheese, and milk (not a lot of all three of these, I only get milk on DeCaf lattes, I don't keep it at home). I don't eat cheese, or drink milk, or use it at home. Egg heavy weeks are ~12 eggs, egg light weeks are ~0 eggs. I have more egg light weeks then egg heavy ones (By far).

I exercise 3-5 hours a week at the gym, btw.

I am really not interested in taking fish oil, I would want to see a doctor before I tried that.

Highish cholesteral of ~2 years ago was 230 or so.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Fish oil is great for getting triglicerides down, I've been taking it for years.

Comment

I guess that would be better then another subscription, but I will make sure it is a problem first. I was suppose to see my doctor first of august, but he cancelled it the day before (Said something about being away for the month), so will go first of september instead (I am just glad the pharmacy screwd up once and I have another month of my medication).

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

How old are you? Like mid 20s? This can't be common for mid 20s.

Comment

Yeah

I have had health problems for years, really. I use to blame it all on being fat and only exercising once a week. But now I exercise 3-5 hours per week, and weigh below my college weight (~167), and (For the most part) watch what I eat a lot... and I still have some health issues.

JM
              (with calipers I measured my body fat % to be a bit over 15%)
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Actually, I had less health problems before ~2 years ago (just a bit too high cholesteral and blood pressure and weighing too much) I think. I would drink over 1/2 a bottle of liquor several times a week, only exercise a bit, didn't count calories, etc. I imagine I would die now if I did that. Then in Dec. I stopped exercising to take care of stuff and didn't start again until end of Feb. When I started again, I could hardly jog for .5 miles and felt terrible.... and I have had bad health feelings occasionally since. Even though my weight has went down by ~50 lbs and my cholesteral (as of a year ago) went down, and my blood pressure went way down (such that the medication I was on was dangerous).

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Get checked for thyroid.

Comment

Was checked when high blood pressure problems began, and maybe since (but not in over a year). Was fine.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Go and see a doctor.

Not that I know anything about medical stuff - not trying to panic you - but go and see a doctor.

If you car was doing funny stuff you'd go to a mechanic.......
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I think I might go see a new doctor, my current one generally just wants to check my blood pressure and write me a new perscription for high blood pressure medication (oh, and a test of the heart(?) using some machine and little suction cups). Well, and do a blood test back when my cholesteral was higher then it should be.

Also, he is 3 hours away (Dr. Strangelove is closer, I bet).

JM
                        (I do see my current doctor 3ish times a year though, should be 4 but stuff comes up)
                        Last edited by Jon Miller; August 21, 2007, 02:04.
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                          I think I might go see a new doctor,

Good idea.
                          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

stop exercising... your body doesn't like it
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

I am pretty sure that they sometimes go away, but they are still there right now. And I know that they are much more observable when I am sweating hard...

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X