infrastructure???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infrastructure???????

what is it with infrastructure? im going along nicely as a fascist but event though the build manager tells me it will only take 1 turn for infrastructure to be built, it dont get built in any of the cities? there is only one reference to it in the manual. should it only be built in one city or none or all of them??

cheers

------------------

Big Vern,

As I recall the purpose of infrastructure is to
    convert the total production output of the city
    to Public Works. This construction will always show
    1 turn to completion but will never actually finish.

The empire manager public Works slider is a global setting which affects all cities in your empire.
    Infrastructure is useful if you want to turn public works right down across the empire but have selected towns continue to produce public works.

this would be useful as you approach Global Domination the cities close to the front(s) can concentrate on building units whilst the distant home cities can produce the public works needed to build the fortresses, road and railways etc at the front.

Regards,

Comment

You'll also notice this when you get 'Capitalization' as a build option. It'll take all your production points and change them into gold.

Comment

Hi,
        would that production converted gold boost science or is it only tile based commerce that affect science rate?

Regards Tassadar

------------------
        "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere" - Anonymous
        "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere" - Anonymous

Comment

I think science is subtracted from the total gold generated. Check the Empire manager and see - set all the cities to capitalization and see if the numbers change at all.

Comment

Working...
          X